Lake Harding Bass Fishing

Just looking for info concerning the bass fishing on lake Harding. Is it good? Does it suck? Not looking for fishing spots, just whether it’s worth towing my boat to Opelika, the next time we visit family.
    Thanks
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

Lake Harding can be good but it can also be very stingy. There is a lot of pontoon and ski jet traffic on the week ends until school starts again. if your wanting to see the lake bring a boat but if its just for great fishing I would leave it to home. I have fished if for about 25 years and its not one of my favorites.

3. Member
    Thanks Skeeter-14
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

4. Banned
    I never been either but have the opportunity to fish a 2 day tournament in December on Harding. Is there grass or what type of structure to fish?

5. Member
    Ive done well out there, especially pre spawn, around grass and submerged brush. Im not real experienced fishing docks but have heard they/ll produce out there. I enjoy the lake!

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarnett View Post
    I never been either but have the opportunity to fish a 2 day tournament in December on Harding. Is there grass or what type of structure to fish?
    What tournament is there in December? Harding is my favorite lake. The largemouth never leave the shallows. Last year I was still catching fish on Frogs and buzzbaits in December. As for the grass, if you find a small patch, that is on a seawall, that usually holds fish better than just a long stretch of grass.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

7. Banned
    Thanks. It’s dec 8&9 th. It’s a NBT solo trail.National bass fishing tournament trail. It replaced the old American bass fishing club. It’s out of long bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Wbarnett View Post
    Thanks. It’s dec 8&9 th. It’s a NBT solo trail.National bass fishing tournament trail. It replaced the old American bass fishing club. It’s out of long bridge?
    I just looked it up. They are fishing Harding this weekend. I may fish it. I never knew this existed. I noticed in the results, i know some of the anglers.... im gonna get the scoop on how they like it.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

9. Banned
    It’s a good trail. I fish the north Alabama division mostly. It almost like a club. Pretty much same guys fish them. Have a few new guys show up every year. Fairly cheap to fish. I like that you fish by your self, only every seen 2 non boaters fish. You only have to fish 3 one day and the 2 day to fish championship. It pays around $5,000 for 1 st! The guy that runs the division down there is kinda a grouch, but a good guy LOL.

10. Member
    I live at the lake and fished the lazy man Saturday out of idle hour. I was wondering what tournament was leaving out of the landing. It was tough on us Saturday.
    There are three types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

11. Banned
    It's been many years since I have fished Harding, but I remember catching a lot of numbers just no real big size to them.

Also, I have never seen so many women on a lake before...so, there's that.

12. Member
    Thanks
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

As said tuff to fish in summer because of boat traffic. Pull your boat down here and drive about 45 extra minutes and hit Eufaula . Depending on time of year you will thank me . Lol

14. Member
    I may have to do that
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)