Perplexing Plumbing Problem

All of a sudden, today, I have no hot water at my kitchen faucet and dishwasher.

About a week or so ago I noticed that if the dishwasher was running, I couldn't get hot water at the faucet. Thought maybe a hose was crimped or something...wasn't a big deal. Now today, the dishwasher is running and I'm trying to was a pan but the hot water cut off at not only the faucet but the dishwasher all at the same time.

Delta single handle faucet been working fine for 3 or 4 years. Kenmore dishwasher been working fine for maybe 10 years.

Got under there and nothing jumped out at me...no kinked hose or leaking cutoff tap. Turned the cutoff on and off and no change. When I open the faucet I get just a little spurt of water...same when I turned the cutoff on and off then goes back to not even a drip. Tried the dishwasher and it cycles dry...no water going in there at all. Rest of the house is working normally.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    Cut off valve may be plugged had that happen to me once just build up in valve

3. Member
    shutoff valve washer rotted and broke into smaller pieces and stopped up the valve. Happens often. Shutoff the hot water at the water heater, let off pressure at another faucet that works, take the valve apart...open valve all the way, take packing nut off, turn counter clockwise until stem and all come out. Take supply line off valve, get a bucket and bump the hot water on for a second or two (helps to have someone do that while you hold bucket) Purchase new valve...remove guts same way you removed on old valve and install on old valve. Packing nut doesnt have to be super tight. Get it just past snug. Prob be a good idea to replace the supply line while your at it. They dont reuse well if they have any age to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    shutoff valve washer rotted and broke into smaller pieces and stopped up the valve. Happens often. Shutoff the hot water at the water heater, let off pressure at another faucet that works, take the valve apart...open valve all the way, take packing nut off, turn counter clockwise until stem and all come out. Take supply line off valve, get a bucket and bump the hot water on for a second or two (helps to have someone do that while you hold bucket) Purchase new valve...remove guts same way you removed on old valve and install on old valve. Packing nut doesnt have to be super tight. Get it just past snug. Prob be a good idea to replace the supply line while your at it. They dont reuse well if they have any age to them.
    Okay, I can do that. Never thought about a clogged cutoff valve.

Thanks!
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Yup slipped washer or something cartridge cracked

If it's 1/2" copper for your supply..just cut off the old valve and snap on a new Sharkbite valve in it's place..if the dishwasher is 10 years old it's probably fed with a copper line...you can reuse it..just make sure the line and ferrel line up good...replace the line to the faucet..you might have to remove the aireator and clean it out....pay attention to the way it comes apart and put it back the same way..