Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hopefully, you'll get someone who will take reasonable care of the property and is not too noisy. I've been in my house for almost thirty years. I'm kinda anal about keeping my property pretty neat and clean. Most of the houses around me have been sold and resold. Fortunately, they have all been pretty good people. One thing I noticed is that the younger the couple, the less they care about keeping the lawn mowed and and general upkeep of the exterior. Who knows what the interior looks like. The younger generation doesn't seem to care much for taking care of what they have. The couple next door, both in there sixties, is a different story. She meticulously took care of all the flowers and shrubs she planted when they moved in until she got sick a few years ago. Now, I have a jungle next door because he doesn't bother pulling even one freakin' weed!

I could go on. Rant over! Good luck with your new neighbor!

Perry Haas / Shillington, PA
    \'99 TR20 / Merc 200 EFI

The younger folks that have moved in are pissing me off! They manicure their lawns. One guy owns a lawn service. Now I feel bad and cut the grass regularly.

We have a sober house down the street!

Sometimes it's quite entertaining.....

4. Member
    We had new neighbors move in down the road from us into the next house down. They have been good so far and take alright care of the place. Although it did sit empty for probably 5+ years before they moved in so it would be hard for the outside to be in worse shape than it was. When I seen someone moving in I was worried it was going to be party people, druggies, etc since it was sitting empty for so long. They don't do that or at least if they do they keep it under good wraps. About the only issue I would have at this point in time is their choice in pet (dog breed) that I won't get into because it always turns into a big argument.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Most of the people around me have lived here 20 years. Damn, I am the new neighbor. I wonder what the old geezers are saying about me?

So a guy posts a thread about his new neighbors hoping they mind their business.... Classic!

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Stalker View Post
    Hopefully, you'll get someone who will take reasonable care of the property and is not too noisy. I've been in my house for almost thirty years. I'm kinda anal about keeping my property pretty neat and clean. Most of the houses around me have been sold and resold. Fortunately, they have all been pretty good people. One thing I noticed is that the younger the couple, the less they care about keeping the lawn mowed and and general upkeep of the exterior. Who knows what the interior looks like. The younger generation doesn't seem to care much for taking care of what they have. The couple next door, both in there sixties, is a different story. She meticulously took care of all the flowers and shrubs she planted when they moved in until she got sick a few years ago. Now, I have a jungle next door because he doesn't bother pulling even one freakin' weed!

I could go on. Rant over! Good luck with your new neighbor!
    Maybe they just use their time that would be spent on keeping a meticulous yard on other more important things. As long as they cause no issues I would not care in the least how they choose to maintain their property.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    So a guy posts a thread about his new neighbors hoping they mind their business.... Classic!
    LOL, yup!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Most of the people around me have lived here 20 years. Damn, I am the new neighbor. I wonder what the old geezers are saying about me?
    You don't want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    My neighbor waters his lawn daily and mows 2 or 3 times a week just to try to make me look bad. Washes his and his wife’s cars daily. He’s a pain.
    That's not me I live in NJ.

My new neighbors are from Texas. Ya gotta question the sanity of anyone that would move from Texas to Cali. I told him that and he laughed but there was a bit of moisture in the corner of his eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Finntasticfishin View Post
    Unfortunately your odds are not good. Joisey, ya know!!
    Dis is my Joisy. Away from I95 in the west.

13. Member
    Glad I live in the sticks... yes I keep my yard in check but on occasion it may look like a ranger boat dealership... I'm good as long as a dog don't chit in my yard. Then all crazy will break loose...

Quote Originally Posted by bdda9yh View Post
    Dis is my Joisy. Away from I95 in the west.
    Beautiful picture!!!!...you are blessed!

15. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    My neighbor waters his lawn daily and mows 2 or 3 times a week just to try to make me look bad. Washes his and his wife’s cars daily. He’s a pain.
    Sounds like he has nothing better to do with his time to me.

16. Member
    Kinda in the same place. Our neighbors are wonderful. Unfortunately most are in their 70's-80's.
    Worried about what the future will bring.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    Exactly why I moved to the boonies and own all the land around me!
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I have some new neighbors building on the property adjacent to ours they bought it 4 years ago a job promotion caused them to delay construction as they had to relocate for four years....We were bummed when they didn't build as they are terrific people and have the nicest kids very glad to have them back.

The Grumpy Guy that owns the adjacent property is upset as he has been parking his boat and other stuff on that property for years plus he's mad he didn't buy it as it had been for sale a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    We've been fortunate. Seven homes on our little cul-de-sac. One to 1 1/2 acres each. We moved here in 94. Last of the group. Everyone else is new. I know them all. Decent folks, one is a bit odd but harmless. She cut my lawn when I came home from the hospital the other day. We always wander over to meet the new folks. Say 'Hi', lay down the ground rules, that sort of stuff.
    What kind of ground rules? I wouldn’t want to move somewhere and have someone come tell me a bunch of rules I needed to follow on my own property unless it was a hoa that I had to follow.

20. Member
    Man im blessed i live 200yrds off the road and bean fields all the way around me my closest neighbor is a mile down the road . if my yard grows up which it does at times nobody can see it LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast