2008 Z520 Console & Bow Graph Size

hi all, someone on the forum said that Ranger still supplies the bow plates...I'd like to upgrade a hummingbird 797c that is flush mounted, I like the flush mount...so the question is how much bigger can I go and stay with the factory plates...on both bow and console? (have a 797 on the console, just down to the left of steering wheel)...

Thanks for any help....
    Last edited by jefrobie; 07-21-2018 at 06:04 PM.

[B][I]Jeff

2. Member
    Following. I have an HDS 5 in the bow of mine and would like bigger but I like the clean look of flush mount also.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Graph sizes that will fit when flush-mounted vary from model to model and year to year. I do not know about the 2008, but I had an HDS7 in the bow of my 2012, and if you do a custom trim job, I believe a 9 will squeeze in. I have seen graphs flush-mounted in later model Rangers quite a bit bigger than the factory designed the panel for. The danger in these cases is getting so close to the edge that there is little strength remaining in the panel to hold the graph in place. Someone should come along soon with a 2008 who can educate us on the potential there. — JC
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by jefrobie View Post
    hi all, someone on the forum said that Ranger still supplies the bow plates...I'd like to upgrade a hummingbird 597c that is flush mounted, I like the flush mount...so the question is how much bigger can I go and stay with the factory plates...on both bow and console? (have a 597 on the console, just down to the left of steering wheel)...

Thanks for any help....
    Not what you were asking but here is a very popular upgrade ...

With Precision Sonar Mounts you can upgrade all the way to a Solix 15 or HDS 16. Photo of console mount is of a HDS 12. Bow photo shows our Bow Mount Sonar Bracket and Bow Replacement Panel.

We have several gauge configurations available

For more info email rk@precisionsonar.com or check out our website at https://precisionsonar.com/

Attached Images Attached Images

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Graph sizes that will fit when flush-mounted vary from model to model and year to year. I do not know about the 2008, but I had an HDS7 in the bow of my 2012, and if you do a custom trim job, I believe a 9 will squeeze in. I have seen graphs flush-mounted in later model Rangers quite a bit bigger than the factory designed the panel for. The danger in these cases is getting so close to the edge that there is little strength remaining in the panel to hold the graph in place. Someone should come along soon with a 2008 who can educate us on the potential there. — JC
    I’d love to put a 9 in the bow right where the existing 797 ci is currently if possible. Then do a 9 or 10 up on the bow...

[B][I]Jeff

6. Member
    Nice setup options...

[B][I]Jeff

7. Member
    Call Van at BBT order a bow mount panel and a gimble support bracket.I have an hds 12 mounted on the bow panel and 2 hds 9s on the console of my old Z boat. I'm wan't my deck free of cables and brackets.