Can't be good. Pivot pin bushing.

2013 300XS 1E051919
    Noticed this today.. The bushing has worked out a little and got into trim . I think the pivot pin is still in place, but I believe the little tri-lobe pin which holds it has backed out some.
    First question have you seen this before ?
    Is the tri-lobe pin backed out some or is that normal ??
    Are there two bushings ? one on each side of the tri-lobe pin ? If so what keeps that one from comming out again ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I've see this many times on the starboard side. I install new bushing with Loctite 680, and they wont come back out.

Port side stays in because of the trim sensor.

680 would be easier-- I was thinking of other possibilities like a thin cover, but hate to drill and tap similar to the trim sensor.
    Also that tri-lobe pin is sticking out a little... Should it be flush ?? I tried tapping it with a small shop hammer and it did not budge..
    I already ordered new bushings- tri-pin and slot shaft.

4. Member
    I see you tried hitting it in with a hammer.......If you center up the old pin and bushing and use a plastic composite dead blow hammer, you can drive that bushing in and go fishing, until your parts come in.

I took an old 1" brass rod and tapped the bushing in enough to clear for now.