Worst car rental experience ever!

We went on a family vacation with my son and his wife and two boys to Disneyland in Florida for 10 days. The Holiday Inn at Orange Lake. At the reception there was a Hertz Rent A Car but no one was there so I called the 1-800 number made the deal and was told someone would deliver our car at 11 AM. We were there on time but no one was there however we got a phone call to say a problem had occured and they could not get one till 2:30. We went back at 2:30 still no car. I waited till 3 PM called the 1-800 and explained the problem, put on hold for 15 minutes lady said a manager would call me in 15 minutes, I waited 30 minutes and called back but the lady said the manager was not answering his phone and nothing she could do. One day of vacation shot, one autistic and his brother (my grandchildren) crying and disappointed. I called Enterprise, no problems, we were picked up on time, filled out the papers and on our way to Disney World all within 45 minutes the next day. Rant Over!!!

Sorry you had a bad experience down here. No excuse for that.

Glad Enterprise came through.

It is really hit or miss with professionalism and service around here. Especially in the touristy areas.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Hertz sucks. National and Enterprise only way to roll.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Hertz Donut
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Hertz prolly only had a dodge...good on enterprise for helping ya out!
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

6. Banned
    At one time, Enterprise had an outstanding management training program. Evidently they still have one.

7. Member
    Enterprise, National, and Alamo all owned by Enterprise Holdings. You are in good hands with them.

Make sure you top the gas tank off before returning the car. Most stations within a few blocks of the rental place -- the gas is high priced. Enterprise terminal was $2.00 a gallon higher than other stations, in Orlando.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Hertz sucks. National and Enterprise only way to roll.
    Exactly.

10. Banned
    Orenthal James took down Hertz™

11. Banned
    Lol not for me but the Hertz return clean up guy. Transport hit deer in front of me, covered the car in blood and guts so bad had to stop to pick pieces out of vents. Looked like a mass murder took place. Told the return guy that will teach seniors to cross the Hwy

We dealt with Hertz for the first time on our last trip to the keys and it will be the last .. only picked them for price

I reserved online (bought package of car flight hotel ) get to counter at MIA airport guys says we do not have reservation and try’s to charge me extra .. show him print outs ect finally get that strait .. I run my card and he says the strip is not reading .. I use this card everyday it’s your machine so you have another we can use?.. he just shrugs and says no .. can you manually enter it.. nope was his reply .. he says well you must have another card .. I do but I only use this card on vacations .. so we use wife’s card .. same numbers as mine .. well now you need both of you as drivers so that will be extra .. I am beyond frustrated at this point and the worker is a strait up ass hat

I walk over to the kiosk and get a person in some other state.. video chat with them.. they find my reservation.. slide my card into the card reader on Kiosk and it reads fine .. out prints some paper and I have to go back to asshat for finalization .. he could care less I just was treated better by someone in another state .. mumbles writes something on the paper and sends me down to the rental area to pick up car .. we get down there abd I kid you not I felt like I walked into a high school.. everyone playing grab ass with each other .. trying to snap towels at each other’s ass...30 minutes in the parking garage and we finally get our rental that had 2 second vacuum job and was full of sand

On return they had one woman trying to do intake and she was more than over whelmed .. she told people to just leave the keys and the company would email us ..what about a damage check so you don’t claim I hit something .. gas check ?? Nope nothing just leave the keys and go

1 month later I got a statement.. sent this same story to customer service .. never heard a word about it

Will go back with enterprise as always on all future trips