Minn Kota Alignment

I put this up in the Trolling Motor section but can't get any help there. I installed a TH Marine Troll Perfect on my Fortrex with the transducer cable under it and it put my pedal in a bind. Now my pedal and the direction I'm heading aren't lined up, with the pedal flat I'm not going straight ahead. Has anyone had this problem before, and how did you fix it?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKE EFFECT View Post
    I put this up in the Trolling Motor section but can't get any help there. I installed a TH Marine Troll Perfect on my Fortrex with the transducer cable under it and it put my pedal in a bind. Now my pedal and the direction I'm heading aren't lined up, with the pedal flat I'm not going straight ahead. Has anyone had this problem before, and how did you fix it?
    you put the cable under the troll perfect? that's not correct.. nothing should be between the troll perfect and the shaft.

Just my opinion, but a troll perfect isn't required on a fortrex. motorguides definitely can benefit from them. I had one on mine before switching to the fortrex

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    you put the cable under the troll perfect? that's not correct.. nothing should be between the troll perfect and the shaft.

Just my opinion, but a troll perfect isn't required on a fortrex. motorguides definitely can benefit from them. I had one on mine before switching to the fortrex
    I realize that now, how do I get my pedal aligned with the direction I want to go?

With the pedal level and the trolling motor in the water, loosen the knob under the shaft head and turn the head so the motor is pointing straight ahead. Make sure the pedal is still level and tighten the knob.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

Cut and pasted from jonestrollingmotor FAQ page. He is a board sponsor.

To time the footpedal with the trolling motor, those with dual cable steering, you remove the head, loosen the cable tension. With the trolling motor deployed, rotate so the prop is forward, then lift the cable drum off the pinion, rotate the cable drum in your hand so the heel fo the
    footpedal is down, then replace the cable drum on the pinion and tighten the cable tension. With single cable steering, remove the rack from the rack guide and pinoin, rotate the trolling motor so the prop is forward, pull the rack to place the footpedal with heel down, the replace the rack.

We can be reached by calling 870 773-3474 or e-mail to: jonestrollingmotor@cableone.net

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Cut and pasted from jonestrollingmotor FAQ page. He is a board sponsor.

To time the footpedal with the trolling motor, those with dual cable steering, you remove the head, loosen the cable tension. With the trolling motor deployed, rotate so the prop is forward, then lift the cable drum off the pinion, rotate the cable drum in your hand so the heel fo the
    footpedal is down, then replace the cable drum on the pinion and tighten the cable tension. With single cable steering, remove the rack from the rack guide and pinoin, rotate the trolling motor so the prop is forward, pull the rack to place the footpedal with heel down, the replace the rack.

We can be reached by calling 870 773-3474 or e-mail to: jonestrollingmotor@cableone.net

Thank You BigMouth, this is what I was looking for.