Banned

Spinning Kreature

Recently been using one of Gary Yamamoto's Kreature baits to fish for Bass using 12# fluorocarbon line. I rig these baits with the skirt of the bait toward the eye of the hook allowing the auger tails to move in a swimming motion, the hook I use is a Owner 4/0 EWG, I use a 3/8 oz bullet weigh all rigged Texas Rig. My concern is as I swim the bait back to me it spins as well. Like to get any suggestions for rigging these baits to eliminating the spinning. Thanks guys!

I've done something similar with Yamamoto Fat Ikas after reading about it somewhere. It definitely works for catching fish, but I've never been able to get one not to spin when rigging it "palm tree" style. Similar to tube fishing, I sort of think the spinning motion is part of why they work so well. My solution for both is braid with a fluoro leader. They still spin and twist up your line, the braid just doesn't become impossible to deal with like straight fluoro will.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I rig them with a straight shank flipping hook and make sure they are completely perpendicular to the flappers. I have found that if you are slightly off center they spin a lot. I start by rigging them the opposite as you describe and flip them around as they get tore up.