'17 Ranger Seats coming apart!!!

I have a '17 Z185 and both the seats are having problems. The "headrests" are broken. The drivers much more as I fish alone 85% of the time. Has anyone else had any issues like this? It's under warranty I know but I'm more concerned about downtime.

I have emailed Ranger and waiting for them to email me back. I'll have more time Monday to give them a call.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR

3. Member
    Thank you!!!!!

4. Member
    Have you discussed this with your Ranger dealer?

5. Member
    Mine were just replaced by my dealer. The form that the padding and vinyl were attached to was about as thin as milk jug plastic(cracked all to pieces). New ones have a much thicker base form and seem to be much better but I don't know what it is made out of. The Ranger emblem is glued on the back and hides 2 screws that will allow removal. Good luck.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Have you discussed this with your Ranger dealer?
    I haven’t yet. I will be in contact with them and Ranger on Monday.

What are those marks on the seat. Looks like damage.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    My dealer said they’ve seen it before and my 2017 Z185 did the same thing. They ordered a new one and I installed myself, fairly easy. As another posted said, you have to take off the ranger sticker from the backside of the seat and then you can access the screws.

Just make sure your replacement / new headrest comes with a new ranger sticker to cover up the screws again.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    Mine were just replaced by my dealer. The form that the padding and vinyl were attached to was about as thin as milk jug plastic(cracked all to pieces). New ones have a much thicker base form and seem to be much better but I don't know what it is made out of. The Ranger emblem is glued on the back and hides 2 screws that will allow removal. Good luck.

Same here. 2017 Z21 and exact same thing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    What are those marks on the seat. Looks like damage.
    What marks? Could be the sun reflection. There is no damage other than the head rest. Honestly this design should have been fixed long ago. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 07-22-2018 at 12:25 PM.