Hayward - "Quiet Lakes"

Heading up to the Hayward area in August with the Kayak only. Staying on Ghost Lake. Hitting the Chippewa River for some Bass and Musky. Anyone have any experience with Lost Land, Teal, or Ghost Lakes? Wondering if they are worth dedicating some time too with the kayak searching for Bass? I hear they are good Musky water but have never been. Also, any other small lakes in the area that might be worth dropping a kayak in? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Member
    For SM I like the Namakagon well below Hayward down near and above Trego and on to the confluence with the St Croix. Try Jacks Canoe for a livery upriver. Above Hayward and quite a ways down it is a trout river, well below it turns stained and is loaded w SM. I have never fished the Chippewa R. A bit of a hike but worth the drive is the Bois Brule River. Down stream from Rt 2 for a white water kayak adventure. This stretch down river from the town of Brule Wi.(N) to Lake Superior is a trout river perhaps not what you are looking for but not to be missed if you have time for an adventure. Big Round Lake use the Linden Rd boat launch head about 200 feet to your right into Hinton Bay. While Round Lake is big water 3000 acres Hinton will give you the small lake feel and wind protection to fish small with HUGE SM of a premier northwoods lake. Infisherman latest issue reports a release of a 25" there, my PB @ 22 1/2" is from Round. Round has finicky huge musky. A trophy used to hang under my cousins (former) dock the property that fronts the Hinton Bay entrance next to that Linden boat launch. Enjoy!

Round is one of my favorites up there. The amount of off shore structure is amazing and self explanatory.

Lake Hayward has some decent fish in it. Very small and easy to navigate.