Dam 4 to Harpers Ferry With a Prop

I just moved back to MD about 4 miles from Taylors Landing boat ramp. I've been trying to do some research on the stretch of the Potomac between Dam 4 and Harpers Ferry and came across this group. I've found a lot of good information about Big Slack Water above Dam 4, but not much about below. Is it possible to fish this section with a prop or can it only be done with a jet? I've Kayaked it a few times in the past month, but can't really tell how deep or how many boulders are scattered about since the water still isn't 100% clear. Hoping to get some advice before destroying my boat.

Thanks!

2. Member
    If you want to run a prop down in that stretch you'll be limited to the Dargan ramp. If you put in there you'll be limited to about a one mile stretch. Just up from the ramp there is a falls you won't be able to get around without a jet motor and down below you'll run into a old blown out dam. Not bad fishing in that stretch but you will be limited.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heth View Post
    If you want to run a prop down in that stretch you'll be limited to the Dargan ramp. If you put in there you'll be limited to about a one mile stretch. Just up from the ramp there is a falls you won't be able to get around without a jet motor and down below you'll run into a old blown out dam. Not bad fishing in that stretch but you will be limited.
    That's kind of what I figured. Thanks for your response!