00 520 Transom failure

Have a 2000 520 and when getting ready to come home from the lake and putting things away after it was on the trailer last night I noticed my transom has failed. Cracks in the gel coat and I can physically move the motor up and down. Has anyone experienced this and is this something that can be repaired?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Have a 2000 520 and when getting ready to come home from the lake and putting things away after it was on the trailer last night I noticed my transom has failed. Cracks in the gel coat and I can physically move the motor up and down. Has anyone experienced this and is this something that can be repaired?
    are you the original owner?

3. Member
    No second owner.

4. Banned
    Do you have pictures? Are the motor bolts tight?

5. Member
    Yes motor bolts are tight. I can physically see the transom move. 8k - 10k CDN estimate to repair.

6. Banned
    Have you hit anything recently? Even the slightest bump I would call my insurance agent and let them deal with it.

Call the plant they might be willing to help u out. Mike christanberry. I had the same boy and they helped me out as the 3rd owner. They had to see what shape it was in first. If it’s trashed forget it. Mine was still in showroom condition
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

8. Member
    Thanks Ryan, message left with Mike today.

FYI. There really was nothing wrong with mine other than the screws around the back were loose and also the rivits on both corners were broke off. I ran it 2 more years and never had a crack or any other issue once I installed bigger screws from the corner to the engine on both sides. Hopefully yours is about the same. Good luck
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke