Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Good to hear. There are always issues. That is expected. How a company reacts to it is what makes the money

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint River Nut View Post
    Picked up mine last week from dealer. (250 Pro XS 4 stroke) We put 3 hours on it Saturday with no issues. On Sunday we put another 3 hours on it. Alarm sounded with 5 beeps at initial start-up. After warm-up anything over 4000 rpms and it would go into guardian mode. Mercury is working with mechanic now and preliminary troubleshooting is showing the digital shift is not communicating with the ECM. I'm hoping this is a weird glitch and an easy fix.
    Sounds like you are having the same problems Im having with my new Pro XS 4 stroke. I was getting 6 BEEPS at start up when I took my motor to the dealer, So far they have not had any answers on whats causing the problems and are telling me there waiting on Mercury. They did tell me I had a some over heat codes and Im assuming that it put the motor in guardian and that's why it was running so poorly, They did also say something about the digital shift not working right or communicating but it was shifting in and out of gears good when i ran the motor just no power . I had always ran 25 pitch props on my boat but I had to put a 21 pitch on just to get it out of the hole. The motor would not come out of the hole with the 25. Mercury called me back today and they are going to see whats going on after they talk to the state or regional Merc rep for this area tomorrow . Hopefully its something easy to fix , its been there for 2 weeks or more and its very frustrating having a brand new motor that has not run right from the start. The dealership said they had to replace a throttle body on one other motor and that fixed its problem. When I find out what is causing my problems I will post the info .

3. Member
    What boat is it on Rebel

4. Member
    206 Champion

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From here on out, let's open separate threads for each separate engine, and provide the serial numbers.

Several of you that have indicated warning horns are also describing Engine Guardian- and in many cases, the causes are extremely simple and straightforward (can be as simple as a battery, poor connections for clean-power, improper throttle or shift cable adjustment, improper hotfoot setup, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by rstranger521 View Post
    my oil issue I hope was a glitch. either way, mercury jumped on it. took one off assembly line and overnighted. part is now on boat and hopefully, ready to go.
    What did they replace and why?

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    he posted it was a leaking oil cooler, no parts available so they pulled one off the assembly line and shipped overnight.

8. Member
    my boat had oil cooler problems, which were resolved. partners boat is leaking from powerhead area. mercury still scratching their heads.

9. Member
    water problems resolved on both boats. o-ring damaged. mercury has repaired both engines.

10. Member
    I saw a guy on Triton Facebook page kinda upset. Took his to dealer 3 times with oil leaking issue, and still not corrected. Hope they get it right for him...quicker...

11. Member
    I have 30 hours on mine and no issues so far. Awesome motor.

25 hours on our 300 with no issues. Propping it is the challenge

13. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    25 hours on our 300 with no issues. Propping it is the challenge
    Would 200 more rpms help?

14. Member
    Dont get me started on an oil leaking issue as my brand new 150 FourStroke had the power head pulled and the oil sump seal replaced before I ever had it on the water. Runs like a scalded dog now though with no issues at all.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CBuckBassin View Post
    Dont get me started on an oil leaking issue as my brand new 150 FourStroke had the power head pulled and the oil sump seal replaced before I ever had it on the water. Runs like a scalded dog now though with no issues at all.
    Let's stick to engines that fit the topic of the thread... thread is already well out of base camp, since most of the mentioned items are "heard of and friends" (with a couple of unidentified ones that may be owners).

Seldom are we going to have these "generic" threads running... if it remains constructive and helpful, we will let it ride for now.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    Would 200 more rpms help?
    Getting 6150 with a 28 Bravo. It's just a different beast & have to re learn it so to speak

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234