Thread: life jacket ?

life jacket ?

Looking at getting an Onyx type, 2 there one that has a zipper enclosure and 1 with a buckle Anyone with the zipper have any problems with the zipper, the buckle seems easier .
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

I prefer the old school style myself, dont trust the new stuff to inflate when needed.

Ive had minimal issues with zippers on any brand. But most I have used have zipper and buckle, and never use the zippers.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    On the river I use both, the old school foamie, zip n buckle when I'm out alone, and then put on inflatable when I'm up front fishing. I figure, with the current, if I fall in, I may not catch up with the boat, or it may not catch up with me.
    I use the mustang inflatable when someone else is on boat. It takes up less room, and hopefully they'll catch up with me using the trolling motor.
    Alone on a lake, I use inflatable only, unless it's a big water lake...then same as above.

Quote Originally Posted by crankbaitpete View Post
    Looking at getting an Onyx type, 2 there one that has a zipper enclosure and 1 with a buckle Anyone with the zipper have any problems with the zipper, the buckle seems easier .
    I just posted my Phoenix jacket in the for sale section(miscellaneous)if you are interested.
    Tightlines,
    Eric