Lead pouring ventilation

Thinking of setting up a better ventilation system for pouring. Im setup in my unfinished basement on a workbench with a basement window above me I could vent out of. Any pics or ideas on a simple build?
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Member
    How about a box fan pushing air out the window?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ighlight=booth

I bought an 8in hydroponics fan (720 cfm), It's too much. You only need a 6in.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    I am not sure of it being required. Leads boiling point, the point at which it begins to vaporize, is 31oo+f. I rarely get mine over 700f. Wear gloves and keep your hands out of your mouth and you should be fine. That said, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    I am not sure of it being required. Leads boiling point, the point at which it begins to vaporize, is 31oo+f. I rarely get mine over 700f. Wear gloves and keep your hands out of your mouth and you should be fine. That said, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.
    this is what I am finding out. great Info and I've learned something. thank you.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

6. Member
    Like I said though, nothing wrong with being cautious. If you do choose ventilation, one thing to keep in mind, if you file the jig head smooth like I do, turn the ventilation and any fans off to lower the chances of lead dust in the air and wear a mask. I feel this is a bigger hazard than lead fumes.

If you make a lot of jigs and such I would highly reccomend annual blood test for lead in your system.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    If you make a lot of jigs and such I would highly recommend annual blood test for lead in your system.
    Your fingernails will show it first. They will have stripes under the nails, if you have any in your system.