Fortrex Out of Alignment

So I bought a new 80# MinnKota Fortrex and put a TH Marine Troll Perfect on it to tame it when on higher speeds. When I mounted it with the transducer cable under the Troll Perfect it put the pedal in a bind and now the direction of the head won't stay lined up with the pedal. I read a thread that said Jones Trolling Motor had directions on his site on how to fix this, but his site is under construction. Can anyone help me out on how to fix this problem?

2. Member
    Anybody?

Have you tried putting the cable over the Troll Perfect ? Did you leave a "loop" to allow the TM to turn fully right and left ? I'm kinda shootin in the dark here, lol !! Add a pic of your set up might help.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Member
    I had it outside before but tucked it underneath for a more organized look. So the pedal was in a bind because the cable made things too tight, when I stepped on it threw the direction off. Normally with the pedal flat, you are going straight ahead. Now to go straight the pedal has to be full toe down.

5. Member
    Condensed version. Take top off, loosen tension screw under cables in front of footpedal. Lift cable drum off steering pinion. Rotate lower unit so prop is in front. Twist cable drum so heal is down and reinstall. Put back together.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Condensed version. Take top off, loosen tension screw under cables in front of footpedal. Lift cable drum off steering pinion. Rotate lower unit so prop is in front. Twist cable drum so heal is down and reinstall. Put back together.
    John
    Thanks John, when I tried to look it up on your website it says it is under construction. When you say rotate the unit so the prop is in front, do you mean as if you were propelling the boat in reverse?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKE EFFECT View Post
    Thanks John, when I tried to look it up on your website it says it is under construction. When you say rotate the unit so the prop is in front, do you mean as if you were propelling the boat in reverse?
    yes
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]