V-T2 Livewell Ventilation System

I lost a smallmouth the last two tournaments I fished. I'm trying to find a way to keep them alive all day. Does anybody here have a history with this livewell vent system (it has good reviews)?
    I am also open to other suggestions.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I've never used the Vent system but I have never had any issues....Were they deep caught fish??
    I just do the usual stuff..Change out water frequently, pump on recirculate, monitor live well temp and adjust with ice, use Please release me or what ever just before weigh in, 1000 GPH pumps, and check on the fish frequently..
    I don't see where the vent system would cause issues..Looks like a pretty easy install and it isn't that expensive..So I would go for it..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

A pro I fished with in the flw had them. You could feel the heat coming out of the livewell from them on your feet.
    i have been running my pumps on continuous all day because of the water temps
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

I put them in mine last year after pulling out of a local tournament one hour early. Just started catching nice fish and they started to float in the livewells. Put those bad boys in and it made a world of difference. If the water temp is 75 or below, I normally don't even run the pumps. They work great, will never own another boat without them.

I have to add, cleaning them with peroxide and baking soda twice a year is a must as well. That works just as good as the vents IMO.

6. Member
    Fish were not caught deep, 8-10 '. Water temp was 78 degrees, running my pumps all day. I appreciate all of your experiences/advice.

7. Member

Really good video on fish care

Hard to argue with results. I wouldn't put a frozen jug in with the fish though. Seems like it would beat them up good especially on rough water lakes.

I put the V-T2 livewell vents in my Triton after I had a big fish belly up before weigh in. You can sure till the difference in how lively the fish are with the V-T2's installed. They work I haven't lost a fish since I put them in.

10. Member
    I installed them just to try them out and didn't expect much but it sure seems like they work. Fish are definitely livelier and healthy at weigh in.