Dual Kong Mount?

Anyone using the Dual Kong mount to carry a couple of 12 inch graphs on a Ranger? I like the idea of having the ability to remove the graphs but am worried about how stable/rigid the mount is in rough water. If you are using one what is your opinion of it? Good or bad?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Anyone using the Dual Kong mount to carry a couple of 12 inch graphs on a Ranger? I like the idea of having the ability to remove the graphs but am worried about how stable/rigid the mount is in rough water. If you are using one what is your opinion of it? Good or bad?
    No easy answer for that one. I have run 3 types of aftermarket mounts. I now only run flush mounts. I obviously only run one unit up front. All I can tell you is if you run a lot of big water like I do, over time no aftermarket unit will make your graphs last. The problem that I have is not that kong or any aftermarket mount won't hold up it is the graphs when mounted that way take a beating. In all my past uses of aftermarket mounts if you spike a big wave or if they crash on that unit with it mounted high, the graph itself cracks. I have lost 3 units this way over the years. Most cases the graph itself takes a big hit and the seal starts to fail and a few days later the unit totally fails. IMO flush is the only option for big water bow mounts. Hard to explain how water can come over the bow all day fishing a flush mount is fine but spike just one wave with a aftermarket mout and kiss that graph goodbye.