Thread: 150 G2 gauges

150 G2 gauges

What does Evinrude have that is like the Merc Monitor ? The new boat I’m looking at has regular analog gauges with a small 4 led gauge for the extras. What options are there if any?
    Last edited by icebound; 07-19-2018 at 07:13 PM.

2. Member
    They have ICON Gauges - https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/riggi...ts/gauges.html
    When I re-powered I elected to stay with my analog system check gauges and get the wireless I-link which allows my smart phone to display all of the engine data the ICON gauges do. Evinrude has a digital to analog capability in the standard flush mount control box, my analog gauges work perfectly.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The Icon digital gauges display significantly more data than Merc Monitor, and if you have Lowrance graphs, it is easy to display that engine data on them, as well.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    What is needed with Lowrance? Can I leave the existing gauges and just use the Lowrance ? Is the Lowrance route the cheapest way to get that data since I have Lowrance already?

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you are serious about getting one the 10 year warranty promotion expires July 31, 2018.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    What is needed with Lowrance? Can I leave the existing gauges and just use the Lowrance ? Is the Lowrance route the cheapest way to get that data since I have Lowrance already?
    If you use an Icon gauge, it connects to the G2 via a whole-boat NMEA network, which then easily ties in to your Lowrance. You must have NMEA in order to feed engine data to your Lowrance anyway, and there are additional functions available through the Icon gauge that are worth having. As if that wasn’t enough, the Icon gauge is far easier to read in direct sunlight than the Lowrance, so again, the Icon gauge setup is superior.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Here is a picture of the dash. Are the Icon gauges your talking about replacements for the round gauges or the large digital gauge?my HDS 12 Carbon will be flush mount in center so no spot for large digital gauge.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    If you are serious about getting one the 10 year warranty promotion expires July 31, 2018.
    Trying to figure this out before the 31st

9. Member
    Go with the HDS12 Carbon and NMEA connection, you’ll get everything you need and your dealer can also connect the analog gauges via a Evinrude s rigging kit designed to convert digital to analog signals. The trim gauge will need to be calibrated but it’s a 10 minute job using the Erude diagnostics on a laptop.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Go with the HDS12 Carbon and NMEA connection, you’ll get everything you need and your dealer can also connect the analog gauges via a Evinrude s rigging kit designed to convert digital to analog signals. The trim gauge will need to be calibrated but it’s a 10 minute job using the Erude diagnostics on a laptop.
    Boats brand new and existing gauges are already set up for the 150g2. Would I not need any additional parts other then connecting to the NMEA network?

I networked me previous boat myself an connected radio, point one etc. is it the same process?

11. Member
    Tough to understand since your initial post said
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    The boat I’m looking at has regular analog gauges with a small 4 led gauge for the extras. What options are there if any?
    I’ll step away now since my experience is with a G2 re-power and analog gauges.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Even though this is a demo on a G1 the setup is the same on the G2.