2013 Z520C Power Shutting Off

Hey guys, I was out this morning and ran to my first spot without issue. Not far, maybe a mile or two. Fished for about 40 min and then started the motor (SHO 250) and the power shut off (everything went black on key pad, all electronics off). I punched in the code, started right up and ran to the next spot. When I started engine again it was fine and ran around a little bit and fished a few areas. Then about 3 hours in started up engine, got on plane for about a minute and the power went dead again. to stop boring you all, it happened on plane 3 times and coming out of the hole once. each time I entered the start code and power came right back. I did not see a major drop in volts (displayed on electronics) but it does jump around from 14.4 to 11.8 both while fishing and running. Any idea what this might be or how to trouble shoot? I did make a few runs without issue. Water was calm, so boat was not bouncing around to loosen up anything. Battery connections were tight. Could it be the battery? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2. Member
    I had the same issue on my boat and it ended up being a bad cranking battery.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Charge it full and have it load tested either out of the boat or with it disconnected.