Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I would not buy anything from Canada....they haven't won a Stanley Cup in years, so it may be sabotaged....

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by franktank009 View Post
    Yea on things that were made in China and mexico. This stuff makes me laugh.
    Everybody is mentioning duties... You should not be paying any duty tariffs on used items. Shipping postal should also avoid any costly
    brokerage fees. You will most likely have to pay your state sales tax.
    This

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blade1970 View Post
    I would not buy anything from Canada....they haven't won a Stanley Cup in years, so it may be sabotaged....
    leafs will change this very soon, dont worry ;)
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    leafs will change this very soon, dont worry ;)
    Oh know who let the leafs fan in..LOL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stosh View Post
    you earned your money in this country you should spend it here buy american
    Pretty funny when most of the stuff sold by some of your most prominent people is all made overseas, specifically the places he bashes the most.

Support local businesses for sure. I'm a big fan of mom and pop stores and the local main street but most towns have already killed those to save a buck at Walmart. This thread is ridiculous as the OP is considering buying a USED item from an American company (the original purchaser bought American even though he is not American) from a Canadian individual. Where was it made? Who knows, but that was the decision of an American company.

As has been stated before, Canadians spend more money on American goods and in America than the other way around, and that is fine. This mass hate is silly and counter productive.... Especially when most of the money feeds into giant corporations like Walmart etc. that don't pay good wages to the people they employ.

If we all want to do good by our community etc., that is understandable and a good idea. It makes much more sense to support small independent shops, the local farms (and tackle shops). Small boat dealers that offer great service (competitive but perhaps not completely the lowest price) and car dealers all deserve your business.

Slogans and blanket statements don't accomplish much.... end of rant, probably went too far already.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blade1970 View Post
    That's also funny... the other way.

You might have a point there!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    That's also funny... the other way.

You might have a point there!
    i guess its time we talking about making our Canadian players that you guys purchase to win those cups for you to sabatoge you guys lol

Trust me as a leafs fan it was still a little bit painful that our super star was american...now we have a good canadian one as well..best of both worlds

mitchy marner still may become one yet...watch him get 60 assists this year playing with Johnny T
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by stosh View Post
    you earned your money in this country you should spend it here buy american

Says the guy making this post on a device not made in this country.

I bet we can find all kinds of non made in the USA products in your home.

9. Member
    Being Canadian, I have never had to do what you’re asking about but the few items I have bought online from the US, usually I have to pay shipping, some duties and tax. That’s about it. I can’t imagine it being much different going the other way.

Although I never knew of an agreement of not paying brokerage between USPS and Canada Posr, I have never once got hit with Brokerage charges through USPS so if what he says is true, now I know the reason.

UPS is horrible for Brokerage. FedEx will hit you with them but they’ve never been as bad as what I’ve seen from USPS.

Closed at the request of the OP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123