Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    People been watching too much CSI nonsense. Noone is even gonna know.. You get in wreck, its ur fault and your liable, or its not your fault and you arnt liable. Cops gonna come out look at it a few second, write a ticket,, hand each an an insurance card, and call a tow truck
    As stated above "you keep thinking that"

We deal with accident investigations on a weekly basis and I can guarantee you, if there is an injury or fatality involved with the accident the injured party's representatives will be inspecting every inch of the vehicles involved including reading the ECM of the tow vehicle. Once you attach a trailer or anything else to your vehicle you've entered a whole new realm of liability and responsibility.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

2. Member
    Wow you guys are a paranoid bunch.

Not saying anybody is wrong. I understand the risk but I’ve had nothing but trouble with marine trailer brakes. So as long as I’m under the legal weight limit I’m not braking any laws I’ll stay away from them.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Wow you guys are a paranoid bunch.

Not saying anybody is wrong. I understand the risk but I’ve had nothing but trouble with marine trailer brakes. So as long as I’m under the legal weight limit I’m not braking any laws I’ll stay away from them.
    Good luck, hope you don't have an issue like a friend of mine did with his insurance company. He had disabled his breaks for some reason and was headed to the lake one morning in pouring rain. The trailer hydroplaned and ended up coming off the hitch and landed in the pasture and was totaled. After the Texas DPS investigation they found that the brakes were disabled and wrote it in there report. It has been a year and the insurance company still hasn't paid and are taking it to court because of what he did to the brakes.

4. Member
    Not Paranoid just speaking from personal experience. I witnessed a family murdered from a run-away wood chipper.....children died!

PA didn't enforce trailer brake laws for dual axle boat trailers, until after this family was wiped out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Good luck, hope you don't have an issue like a friend of mine did with his insurance company. He had disabled his breaks for some reason and was headed to the lake one morning in pouring rain. The trailer hydroplaned and ended up coming off the hitch and landed in the pasture and was totaled. After the Texas DPS investigation they found that the brakes were disabled and wrote it in there report. It has been a year and the insurance company still hasn't paid and are taking it to court because of what he did to the brakes.
    So brakes inhibit hydroplaning? I'm not sure about the logic behind that one....If you're sliding in the rain and hit the brakes, you'd slide more...
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Not Paranoid just speaking from personal experience. I witnessed a family murdered from a run-away wood chipper.....children died!

PA didn't enforce trailer brake laws for dual axle boat trailers, until after this family was wiped out.
    So someone had a wood chipper attached to their dual axle boat trailer? I can't tell if you're just trolling on this post...
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

7. Member
    So someone had a wood chipper attached to their dual axle boat trailer? I can't tell if you're just trolling on this post...
    No...…When did I state that a wood chipper was attached to a boat trailer??...….This is really nothing to joke about!

The state of Pennsylvania didn't do anything in regards to the number of brakes per axle on a boat trailer, until a Family was destroyed.
    Since the tragedy, even if your dual axle boat trailer only came stock from the factory with brakes on only ONE axle, the trailer must be converted to having brakes on BOTH axles, and be inspected EVERY year.

8. Member
    I live in south Florida. My 05 painted steel tube trailer started to rust just after a year.
    I replaced the cross member once after that then had enough.
    I contacted Triton and they agreed to make me a one off aluminum / galvanized trailer.
    I guess they can't bend the aluminum cross members enough to keep the low profile so they use galvanized.
    The nice thing about it is that everything is bolted together so if somethings goes bad just unbolt and bolt.
    Other than replacing the bunks (original wood was not that good) with some pre carpeted bunks from Continental down here, I have had no issues.
    It was a little expensive but now I'm done and happy.
    Jim
    Jim

9. Member
    I have a 2005 Marine Master tube trailer that I'm replacing with one of these from AmeraTrail in St. Cloud. The tube trailer has rusted to the point I'm afraid it could break at any time.

10. Banned
    So brakes inhibit hydroplaning? I'm not sure about the logic behind that one....If you're sliding in the rain and hit the brakes, you'd slide more...
    Once it broke loose the emergency cable deployed but since the brakes were disabled that allowed the trailer and boat to roll through about 100yds of 8ft high fence. He's damn lucky it didn't hit some innocent bystanders. If you are headed down the highway and for some reason your trailer disconnects from your truck and roll down the interstate because your brakes were disabled and injures or kills someone their lawyers will have a field day with you. You will be negligent because you disabled a trailer that was equipped with brakes,that came straight from his own lawyer. A year ago when I had to that've my boat trailer inspected after the new law, they made sure my brakes were working properly and if not they wouldn't pass it. The man inspecting it said if if come from the manufacturer with a braking system they have to be operational. I'm absolutely positive that what I have explained to you went right over your head, so good luck to you.

11. Joe4d
    Actually ordered a Triton today. Was setting on getting an aftermarket trailer... Got to dealer and a used triton was on lot,, examined gatorhyde,, didnt look all that bad, and most places in my area are brackish..
    Was looking for year till I walked around and saw this.

Attached Images Attached Images

I hope my new one holds up ok. I replaced my 05 with another marine master. My 05 trailer is actually in decent shape just surface rusty really. My new trailer is a c-channel with Gator Hyde and paint over the Gator Hyde.

13. Joe4d
    This was a 2013, Sorry dont get it, Had a Javelin steel c channel trailer I bought in 1993, Replaced rear bunk supports and a light or two. I Wire wheeled and painted it with "trailer coat" basically galvanized paint. then top coated black twice in the time I had it,,,I also undercoat sprayed in the channels and in the tounge tube,, I traveled alot with it and used it bunches in Brackish water, although always sprayed it off I wasnt pedantic about upkeep. and trailer was still solid when I sold it in 2008.
    I find a 5year life expectancy out of a trailer pretty horrible.
    On this triton build getting the aluminum I wanted,, aluminum with torsion, not leaf, was only about $1500 extra,, as triton offers a $2200 back out option..

14. Joe4d
    was actually just thinking of getting triton trailer till I saw that broke leaf spring, but got info on my build and just noticed dealer ordered a Woefully inadequate trailer,, I mean not even close, Trailer rated at 2800 lbs,, which is about what the boat motor and batteries will weigh with no gear,, not to mention I noticed trailer is 2 bunk not 4,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Anywho Owner caught it on the build sheet and had it fixed before I stopped by
    Last edited by Joe4d; 07-30-2018 at 12:25 PM.

15. Joe4d
    Far as this gatorhyde stuff in the industry,,, amazing how the mistakes get repeated. About 20 or so years ago horse trailer companies had the same bright idea,,, He lets coat floor and side of wals with truck bed spray... Its cheap, simple to apply,, hides inperfections, is pretty tough easy to spray off,,, Yep its all that.
    Its also not ass flexible as the metal its sprayed on,, so gets micro cracks. Not a big deal with rain water,,, it just dries. IS a big deal with liquids that leave a corrosive residue,, like horse pee, or I am guessing saltwater. So basically said residue gets under the liner spray and corrodes the underling metal. Horse trailer makers quit using it after a few years.. We shall see with the boats. I guess it is fine inland,,

16. Banned
    Looks the same as my skeeter ez loader trailer and I only ever used it in fresh water.

17. Member
    Anyway here is my Triton Hybrid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsticks View Post
    Anyway here is my Triton Hybrid.
    Very nice! I am hoping mine lasts long enough until I can get the money together to buy/build a replacement.
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

19. Member
    Thanks.
    No regrets. Like I said everything is modular. I think I'll have it a long time.
    Jim

20. Member
    Might be why all new Tritons will have EZ LOADER trailers under them. Plus the EZ LOADER plant is within eyesight of the Triton plant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast