Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Triton Marine Master Trailers are Crap!

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone. And I'm also aware that pretty much any tube trailer thats used for marine purposes is going to rust out eventually but man my trailer has been nothing but trouble! It's a 2013 model (manufactured in 2012) and I've had 2 leaf springs snap, a hub blow out and my bunk brackets are literally falling apart! I'm going to end up needing to either buy a new one or have one built in the next year or 2. Not looking forward to that!

On the plus side, Just got done installing two new Axles with heavyer duty leaf springs (4 leaf instead of 3).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Looks a lot like most painted trailers here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast that get dunked in brackish or salt waters regularly.

3. Member
    This one spent 2 years in Austin, 2 years in Conroe and now almost 2 years in Dallas (all in Texas). Maybe that south texas heat/air got to it.
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

4. Banned
    My Marinemaster trailer is for my Bennington Tritoon. I did knock a guide board off I early this year--underneath a toon. None of the wood is treated. Would have happened to any brand trailer. If my boat ever saw salt water, a different trailer would be warranted.

5. Joe4d
    Never buy a painted steel trailer.. They are all garbage.. Unles you want to lay ong ground, wire wheel prime and paint every year.
    Whats funny is my local dealer, didnt even argure when I told him crap painted Triton trailer was a deal breaker,, all he did was tellme said crap was a 2200 backout and a aluminum was $4100,,, he'd just order boat no trailer... Dealers Know trailer is junk

What year is that trailer? Those wheels didn’t come on that year model to my knowledge and also why isn’t the front step laser cut out for the Triton lighted emblem?

7. Member
    Not all of them are junk my trailer on my Tr186 is 13 years old and not a spot of rust anywhere. I did get away from the oil bath hubs and converted to grease. Just feel better with packed wheel bearings.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Not all of them are junk my trailer on my Tr186 is 13 years old and not a spot of rust anywhere. I did get away from the oil bath hubs and converted to grease. Just feel better with packed wheel bearings.

Mine is 12 years old and I converted mine to grease. I replaced one reverse light in the 6 years I've owned it. Also replaced the actuator when I did the hubs last year.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

9. Member
    Mines15 years old and never had a lick of trouble with it. Finally recarpeted the bunks this spring. Did a good inspection, ground off a few small rust spots and repainted them and it looks great. No trouble with axels or oil bath hubs.

Mines a 2000 and I live in Florida.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton_ProXS View Post
    What year is that trailer? Those wheels didn’t come on that year model to my knowledge and also why isn’t the front step laser cut out for the Triton lighted emblem?
    It's a 2013 year model but the MFG sticker says July 2012. The rims are triton branded but were put on a couple months after it was purchased (in 2012)
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post

Mine is 12 years old and I converted mine to grease. I replaced one reverse light in the 6 years I've owned it. Also replaced the actuator when I did the hubs last year.
    The two new axles I just put on have posi-lube spindles so I'm using packed bearings as well. It had vault hubs on it and had planned on re-installing a vault system but I couldn't find the vault grease in stock anywhere. And I just cut my brakes off. The shop that made my new axles didn't carry UFP parts so I would've had to install a whole new system. My brakes weren't working before anyway.
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    The two new axles I just put on have posi-lube spindles so I'm using packed bearings as well. It had vault hubs on it and had planned on re-installing a vault system but I couldn't find the vault grease in stock anywhere. And I just cut my brakes off. The shop that made my new axles didn't carry UFP parts so I would've had to install a whole new system. My brakes weren't working before anyway.
    Better pray that your never involved in a serious accident, after disabling the braking system, because you will lose everything that you own.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Better pray that your never involved in a serious accident, after disabling the braking system, because you will lose everything that you own.
    Why do you say that? Trailer brakes are only required in Texas if the gross weight carried on the trailer is over 4500 lbs. I'm well under that and neither of my past 2 boat trailers have had brakes....
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

15. Member
    Because a lawyer will eat up the fact that a factory installed braking system was disabled to save some money.

Because a lawyer will eat up the fact that a factory installed braking system was disabled to save some money.
    Totally spot on with this comment!

Why would you want to disable your trailer's brakes to begin with... I have an 09 and the difference in stopping with brakes and without is huge.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

17. Member
    This is a 100% true statement. Just a sign of the times.
    Brad Krone

18. Joe4d
    People been watching too much CSI nonsense. Noone is even gonna know.. You get in wreck, its ur fault and your liable, or its not your fault and you arnt liable. Cops gonna come out look at it a few second, write a ticket,, hand each an an insurance card, and call a tow truck

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    People been watching too much CSI nonsense. Noone is even gonna know.. You get in wreck, its ur fault and your liable, or its not your fault and you arnt liable. Cops gonna come out look at it a few second, write a ticket,, hand each an an insurance card, and call a tow truck
    Your dead wrong...….especially if there is a fatality involved! Lawyers will have investigators look over the vehicle's involved to determine what happened. Early in my career I did technical investigating for a lawyer specializing in wrongful deaths. Removing a stock braking system would be a slam dunk for him, to take everything you own.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Yeah, you keep thinking that. My dad was pulling a trailer and had an accident that wasn't his fault and the first thing the police asked is if the trailer brakes were functional and then told him to prove it. That saved his ass after all was said and done and no way in hell would I have a trailer of any kind that didn't have brakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast