Thread: Jenko rods

Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Jenko rods

bought a 7 foot hyper sensitive rod the other day. Have heard nothing but great things about Jenko. I will post a review as soon as I get to use it. Anyone else use them?

2. Member

Yes, I have two 10-foot Jenko Kevin Rogers rods. My buddy turned me onto them when we started dipping trees. Love em. Light in weight, fast tip but good power for lifting 2-pounders in the boat. I bought several other long rods and hated em. Too light or too moderate for my preference.
    We typically use a 6-6 or 7-foot medium power rod for vertical fishing brushpiles.

Our preferences are on the stouter side, and the KR rods fish a lot like our short rods. I know many guys like the UL, L to ML rods, and these will be stouter than that.

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    Yes, I have two 10-foot Jenko Kevin Rogers rods. My buddy turned me onto them when we started dipping trees. Love em. Light in weight, fast tip but good power for lifting 2-pounders in the boat. I bought several other long rods and hated em. Too light or too moderate for my preference.
    We typically use a 6-6 or 7-foot medium power rod for vertical fishing brushpiles.

Our preferences are on the stouter side, and the KR rods fish a lot like our short rods. I know many guys like the UL, L to ML rods, and these will be stouter than that.
    I am fixing to buy a few of the longer rods as well. Im happy so far!

I haven't tried the shorter rods. Got several rods that see double duty for crappie, walleye and bass. 7' medium Zodias is probably my favorite so far

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    I haven't tried the shorter rods. Got several rods that see double duty for crappie, walleye and bass. 7' medium Zodias is probably my favorite so far
    I will have to check them out!