Tempest plus or Fury 3

If you have a 721 do you run a Tempest plus or a Fury 3 and why do you like one over the other?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Yup still at it, I think 3rd time is a charm. 24 Tempest on limiter, 26 Fury not the hole shot need with livewells full. I think a 25 is the pitch just not sure if it should be a Fury 3 or a Tempest plus??

I was going to try a 4blade of a Fury 4 or a Bravo, but I talked to a prop guy yesterday that made me change my mind on that for fear of throwing a blade.

I now have the Honda with my worked 24 Tempest pushing the Bird to 68.5 mph with a very heavy tournament load in the heat of summer "90 to 100 last week" and with a normal practice load of two guys and a full tank I have the 26 Fury pushing me 70 to 71 mph. I did not run the 26 Fury in a tournament because I feel in ruff water it's not snappy to lift the nose fast enough.

Those are the best numbers I've heard of with the BF250 on a bass boat...I think you are doing well. The fury typically has better hole shot than the tempest.

5. Member
    Those are the best numbers I've heard of with the BF250 on a bass boat...I think you are doing well. The fury typically has better hole shot than the tempest.
    Just ordered the 25 Fury 3 blade, if it runs good in big water and out of the hole ok I will send it out for B&B.

7. Member
    Did you try a 25 Fury or 26 Fury 3 blade on your BF250? I'm finding as I put more hours on the outboard it is turning more RPM's at wot. For example even having cup added to my worked Tempest "turns more like a 25"I can now hit the limiter even on a hot humid day if I'm by myself.

I don't recall the exact pitch but I did try a Fury...It ran the best on my X21 but wasn't anything to brag about. I'm curious to see how the 25 Fury runs on your rig. I think the 721 is actually a good hull if you want the BF250.

I run a Fury 26P and it has served me well. I use it 90% of the time and get low to mid 70's most of the time with a full load. It's pushed faster on a perfect day. I also have a 26P Tempest Plus and it seems to grip better but is a little slower WOT and on the hole shot. I think I need to change the VPS plugs due to slight blow out and I think a Tempest Plus 25P would be better than the 26P.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

10. Member
    I've run both props on each of my 3 721s and the Tempest is just a touch faster, but the handling overall is better on the Fury. I've ended up sticking with the Fury each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott McGehee View Post
    I've run both props on each of my 3 721s and the Tempest is just a touch faster, but the handling overall is better on the Fury. I've ended up sticking with the Fury each time.
    Scott, what pitch? I find the exact opposite but I’m also running the same pitch for the different props. But I agree...the fury is my go to.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP