Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DougH View Post
    2015 with less than 230 hours. Original warranty is good till January 2019.
    That's under warranty

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Member
    Any word on cause of it??

3. Member
    No word yet and Dealer is having a hard time getting Honda to respond. At this point I'm very disappointed in how Honda is responding to this. Hopefully I'll find out the cause of failure shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    Any word on cause of it??

4. Member
    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but Honda not responding “Ain’t good”. I know they are good motors. But no manufacturer is perfect.

5. Member
    I agree. Dealer has had conversations with Honda and confident Honda will do the right thing but I'm concerned when the right thing will take place! IMO, they've had enough time to decide what they are going to do. It's getting to the frustrating part now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but Honda not responding “Ain’t good”. I know they are good motors. But no manufacturer is perfect.

6. Member
    How many days since Repair order was sent to Honda?

7. Member
    20th of July....00;9582535]How many days since Repair order was sent to Honda?[/QUOTE]

8. Member
    SO July 20th and still did not approve claim let alone do the work, that is crazy. I bought a Honda with hopes that I never have a powerhead claim. I do however have to say as bad a Mercury pro xs outboards are blowing several over 5 years they always approved the claims in 24 hours or less. Yamaha was the same they approved a SHO powerhead in 24 hours with photo's.

9. Member
    Spoke with dealer and they are frustrated with Honda, no decision from them yet.
    SO July 20th and still did not approve claim let alone do the work, that is crazy. I bought a Honda with hopes that I never have a powerhead claim. I do however have to say as bad a Mercury pro xs outboards are blowing several over 5 years they always approved the claims in 24 hours or less. Yamaha was the same they approved a SHO powerhead in 24 hours with photo's.

11. Member
    Dealer told me today that Honda advised them that everything is being shipped today for my motor. I asked what exactly is everything? New short block? New long block? Parts to repair what I have (which would not make me happy)? Hope for answers to these and other exciting questions tomorrow!

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Fingers Crossed!!!

Have to think they probably not replace power heads like the other brands, Maybe they just spent time trying to find out the exact cause of the bent valves!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougH View Post
    Dealer told me today that Honda advised them that everything is being shipped today for my motor. I asked what exactly is everything? New short block? New long block? Parts to repair what I have (which would not make me happy)? Hope for answers to these and other exciting questions tomorrow!
    Did Honda says what they think cause was?

14. Member
    Finally we know or have an "idea" of what and when. Getting a new short block and 2 new heads. Warranty will not be extended beyond original experation date.....bummer. No reason given as to reason for failure but quite a few people want the piston with the valve emedded in it, including me. Now we know how Honda handles warranty. IMO, not as well as the automobile division and not as well as Mercury Marine.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sounds like a very rare situation and iam sure Honda wants to make sure it was a mechanical failure due to something mechanical and not something else.Theres a number of things that could cause a break down just like a 2 stoke where a bad or clogged injection system will fry a motor but is really not a mechanical problem.Looks like Honda is doing good with the warranty and getting you fixed up.I own both mercury and Honda both so far have been great motors .The Merc was replaced in 03 under warranty and has only had a compressor which is the big down fall for Merc but other than that it’s been great the Honda we are right a 450 hours and hopefully it will go another 2000.Keep us informed how the repair goes.

16. Member
    Still waiting on parts....guess they have to come from Japan?

17. Member
    That is not a acceptable time line. Most manufactures get you the powerhead in a week or less or in fact if your at a tournament they do it overnight at the service trailer. Trust me I learned the hard way I blew more then one pro xs powerhead and one SHO all were done in days not weeks. This is why I switched to Honda in hopes to never blow up again.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    That is not a acceptable time line. Most manufactures get you the powerhead in a week or less or in fact if your at a tournament they do it overnight at the service trailer. Trust me I learned the hard way I blew more then one pro xs powerhead and one SHO all were done in days not weeks. This is why I switched to Honda in hopes to never blow up again.
    Why so many blown motors?just wondering what’s the cause as I have a 2003 opti with hundreds of hours (we live on a lake)of tubing and running and the only thing I have done to it was a compressor about 5 years ago.Just curiosity why so many?just thinking it could be height of motors or just mechanical but it’s strange how some have so many blown out boards and some last for ever there has to be a cause.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Why so many blown motors?just wondering what’s the cause as I have a 2003 opti with hundreds of hours (we live on a lake)of tubing and running and the only thing I have done to it was a compressor about 5 years ago.Just curiosity why so many?just thinking it could be height of motors or just mechanical but it’s strange how some have so many blown out boards and some last for ever there has to be a cause.
    Not going to lie I run mine very hard, but for what we pay we should be able to run them hard. The yamaha SHO I only blew one, no reason given. The Pro xs I don't remember how many power heads I had done from 2007 to 2012, think it was 3 and I had one that I got a entire new outboard. They all would blow on the bottom right cyl I can not remember the cyl#. Let's put it this way the pro xs power heads go so often the service trailers stock complete powerheads.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Do you think it’s more of a cooling problem being ran to high and hard at the same time.If we are only pumping 15 psi of water at 6000 on a warm day and with the motors being on the lean side wonder if it needs 30 or better of water volume going through it.
    The only reason Iam wonder is on the Honda it has no low water pick ups and jacked high it could be a problem also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast