motor trims up automatically when main power is on

Got my boat back from dealership .I narrowed it down to the blinker trim on the steering wheel. I can hold it down and it won't trim up and as soon as you release the blinker trim up she goes. Any fix to this Rather than taking it back to dealership.

2. Member
    Could one of the other trim switches be stuck in the up position? That or a short somewhere would be my first guess.

3. Member
    If it's an older boat the bow trim switches usually get water in them and short out. If you can get to the back of the switch take the blue wire off and see what happens.

4. Member
    so i got the problem solved one of the switches had water in it, im thinking it was the one at the bow. i have no idea how long my trim was running cause it drained the battery trying to trim up. i hope it did not mess the trim unit up.

5. Member
    I had the same issue and it turned out to be the one at the engine. Found out by disconnecting that switch and it no longer went up. Water got in and was shorting

When I had that problem (except it was down) with my Opti it was one of the relays on the motor. Keep that in mind if it comes back. Quick, easy and cheap fix.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Buy the two trim relays for the motor. Replace them both and you will be fine. You can see how to do it on YouTube.