Strange things happening after updating my Helix units to the latest 1.6.x software

I updated both my Helix 12 chirp and Helix 10 si/di/gps unit today. The units are networked. I don't have any waypoints saved on the bow Helix 12 before or after the update. I noticed some weird things out on the water. Some may be just normal or new.

1. If I try and save a waypoint on the Helix 12 at the bow it uses the name as 001 and so on. That may be normal but I thought before the update they were named wp001 and so on

2. If I have a way point named something like balboa0001 it shows in the list and the map view as just balbo only on the Helix 12 at the bow. On the Helix 10 which has all the waypoints saved they show the correct name.

3. On the Helix 12 at the bow it's missing almost half of the waypoints. You can see them on the Helix 10 at the console but not on the Helix 12 either in the waypoint list or on the map.

4. As I noted on a post above on the Helix 10 at the console now the depth number on the screen jumps all over the place. Example it might show 328ft or 221ft or the correct depth but it only shows the correct depth once in a while. It never did that before this update. The Helix 12 works fine as far as the depth number reading.

I'm going to delete all the waypoints and shorten the names before I load them back up again but that will take a while because of the number of them but something in this update caused this.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    b
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

3. Member
    Update. I deleted all the waypoints on my console Helix 10 and renamed all the waypoints on one of my .gpx files via HB PC. I loaded them back to the Helix 10. Went to the Helix 12 and I could see them in the list. Then before my eyes most of them disappeared and the rest had the last 4 characters truncated. As a test I deleted them again on the Helix 10 and put the card in the Helix 12. While loading it said only a small number were loaded and it said not enough memory. I was only loading about 500. Then when I went to the list there were weird named waypoints and all the others has what looked like Chinese characters in the name at first then again they were truncated. Per HB support I reformatted the nav but that didn't help. I asked if I could go back to the previous software version but they said it might break the unit. I laughed and said the unit was already broke so if I broke it more what's the difference. Gotta love support! Anyway now I have a brand new 360 that won't work and while trying to debug that it broke both of my Helix! Not real happy with HB right now. The Helix 12 is on its way to HB now and the other one may be later.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225