Is delamination a common occurance anymore?

Looking at used bunkhouse fifth wheels. Trying to stay in the 2005-2010 range due to budget, young kids and the fact we would use it probably ten trips a year at most. Figure we would upgrade once they are a little older. However of the three campers I called on all three had some form of delamination.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Member
    If you find delamination, stay away from it. Delamination can be fixed but it is costly and there is probably no guarantee all the water damage was repaired. Before buying a used camper, slowly walk around the camper and peck on the sides, delamination will sound hollow or soft. Check the roof carefully also for water damage.

3. Banned
    Personally a camper with Delamination if I was buying I would run away not walk away.

4. Member
    I would also shy away from RV's displaying this problem. There are plenty of RV's in the 2005-2010 yr range without water damage to consider, just keep looking. So many people forget to close the roof vents and get caught with rain. When you do find the right RV, buy a couple of the weather vent guards to it doesn't happen to you.

5. Member
    Oo we plan on taking our time. The time table to buy is before next year so plenty of time to be picky.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI