Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Antique Tackle Guy

Was at the Factory this week

The bottom line, The last Legend manufactured last month. This is a 100% Triton Manufacturing facility. I was greeted very well and the purpose for my visit was quickly addressed. The employees are all getting negative phone calls. We should all understand they are working here. they do not set policy they simply follow the direction given. No one here deserves the negative views, this was not their decision. Kody is now over at the Ranger facility in Flippen drove by there as well.

The amazing part of my drive was to find Bass Cat is literally right around the corner same plot of land as the now Triton/ Legend factory. I spent time with some amazing folks this week. Going after them is simply not fair it is what it is. There was more but I am not interested in adding anything further as the end was last month.

Mark P

2. Member
    Did you stop by BCB? If so did you meet Mr. Pierce? He's a very knowledgeable and unique individual, he will leave a definite memory if you did or do ever get to meet him. One thing is the guy never forgets ayou. Think about all the people he interacts with and has business dealings with, I briefly met and spoke to him at the 2009 Classic and last year met him at the factory. He actually recognized me even though he didn't know where but when I told him he recollected it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antique Tackle Guy View Post
    The bottom line, The last Legend manufactured last month. This is a 100% Triton Manufacturing facility. I was greeted very well and the purpose for my visit was quickly addressed. The employees are all getting negative phone calls. We should all understand they are working here. they do not set policy they simply follow the direction given. No one here deserves the negative views, this was not their decision. Kody is now over at the Ranger facility in Flippen drove by there as well.

The amazing part of my drive was to find Bass Cat is literally right around the corner same plot of land as the now Triton/ Legend factory. I spent time with some amazing folks this week. Going after them is simply not fair it is what it is. There was more but I am not interested in adding anything further as the end was last month.

Mark P
    Well said.

4. Member
    I'm not sure any more how many boats have been build across the lot from BassCat, but it seems to be bad juju.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Did you stop by BCB? If so did you meet Mr. Pierce? He's a very knowledgeable and unique individual, he will leave a definite memory if you did or do ever get to meet him. One thing is the guy never forgets ayou. Think about all the people he interacts with and has business dealings with, I briefly met and spoke to him at the 2009 Classic and last year met him at the factory. He actually recognized me even though he didn't know where but when I told him he recollected it.
    Photographic memory, I've met a few people like that over my life, kinda spooky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I'm not sure any more how many boats have been build across the lot from BassCat, but it seems to be bad juju.
    A curse?

6. Member
    I know this topic has gone up and down since Legend was bought out by White River but for the life of me why doesn't someone in an official capacity simply say "Legend is closed, we have ceased production". White River, Legend management, someone official. Why all this smoke and mirrors junk. Businesses close all the time. I just don't understand the point of it all.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DTP807 View Post
    I know this topic has gone up and down since Legend was bought out by White River but for the life of me why doesn't someone in an official capacity simply say "Legend is closed, we have ceased production". White River, Legend management, someone official. Why all this smoke and mirrors junk. Businesses close all the time. I just don't understand the point of it all.
    IDK, they finally just put a message up on the Stratos website.

9. Member
    They have to wait till all dealer stock is sold, that’s why the won’t announce it

10. Member
    The word dealers are getting is that Legend isn't currently taking orders for 2019 models and that's the current end of the story.

11. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Legends gone and Triton shutdown to be announced shortly...

12. Banned
    They are not killing off Triton they #3 or 4 in bass boat sales every year.

13. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    They are not killing off Triton they #3 or 4 in bass boat sales every year.
    Wait and see.

14. Member
    Actually I was told by a Va dealer that there is a plan in place to phase out Triton that not to expect them in 2-3 years. This was from a wwmg dealership. I find this hard to believe with their sales numbers but at the end of the day if JM wants everyone in a Nitro or Ranger he will do it.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Actually I was told by a Va dealer that there is a plan in place to phase out Triton that not to expect them in 2-3 years. This was from a wwmg dealership. I find this hard to believe with their sales numbers but at the end of the day if JM wants everyone in a Nitro or Ranger he will do it.
    I'm very surprised, guess this rumor has legs.

16. Member
    Let me think about this for a second. A dealer, 1000 miles away from Arkansas, knows of a plan that would stop building Triton boats in 2 or maybe 3 years, but this so called plan is maybe 2, no wait maybe 3 years away. Why would I make such a plan and let some chump dealer catch wind of it?? Sorry, I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. Dang, fake news in the bass boat industry too. Shameful. Probably a Russian plan to destabilize Johnny Morris.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Let me think about this for a second. A dealer, 1000 miles away from Arkansas, knows of a plan that would stop building Triton boats in 2 or maybe 3 years, but this so called plan is maybe 2, no wait maybe 3 years away. Why would I make such a plan and let some chump dealer catch wind of it?? Sorry, I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. Dang, fake news in the bass boat industry too. Shameful. Probably a Russian plan to destabilize Johnny Morris.
    Same thing they said about legend. Heck, I even said they wouldn't stop legends but they sure did. People know people, doesn't matter where they are located. A guy in California could know a guy in Georgia that manufactures a product for him so he would have the inside scoop. Is it all true, who really knows, but at this point it cant be ruled out as a possibility

18. Member
    If J M needs or wants something he can get it with deep pockets.
    If something is going to the highest bidder he has the power.
    he needs a outboard
    ”he needs”. What do I know what he needs!

19. Banned
    Johnny Morris can do as he damn well pleases and he might have bought all these brands to phase them out while adapting some fo the better features and manufacturing patents to Nitro all while increasing Nitros market share. I believe ranger has certain patents on how they manufacture their fiberglass that was very attactive for bass pro to own.

20. Member
    Johnny Morris will never own Skeeter. Yamaha would never let that happen.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast