Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterSD View Post
    Johnny Morris will never own Skeeter. Yamaha would never let that happen.
    Just the kind of challenge ol' Johnny likes.

2. Member
    There must be a Major design flaw built in to the legend Boats v-21 v-20. For them to just stop making a profitable boat. Unless the owners got paid over 17 million by JD. Legend could have scaled back a little if in trouble. Or maybe a partner was involed and they both didn’t like each other and wanted out. But to can a business putting out 400 Boats a year at 70k a pop. Something went south! Just don’t know what did.

in this economy too. I’m thinking design flaw. Somebody found something and they both looked at each other and said ( o shit we are ducked) !!! They said ( O Shit what are we gonna do) hey remember that offer JD offered us let’s take it!

Legend has never put out 400 boats a year , not even half of that

4. Member
    Legend was putting out 240 or so per yr. Takes longer to build when your not using cheapass premade plastic parts. Just sayin

lol takes longer to set the wooden stringers and glass them in
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    It’s irrelevant at this point. I opt not to listen to a bunch of fan boys talking crap about something they have never owned and couldn’t afford to buy if they wanted to. The 211r was a fantastic boat. The V-20 had some issues, however, they are still one of best riding wide body boats ever made. They are absolutely the best looking boat, and the had the best fit and finish in the industry.
    Last edited by Craigjc00; 09-09-2018 at 12:37 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    It’s irrelevant at this point. I opt not to listen to a bunch of fan boys talking crap about something they have never owned and couldn’t afford to buy if they wanted to. The 211r was a fantastic boat. The V-20 had some issues, however, are still one of best riding wide body boats ever made. They are absolutely the best looking boat and the had the best fit and finish in the industry.
    That's a fact Jack

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Actually I was told by a Va dealer that there is a plan in place to phase out Triton that not to expect them in 2-3 years. This was from a wwmg dealership. I find this hard to believe with their sales numbers but at the end of the day if JM wants everyone in a Nitro or Ranger he will do it.
    If they are going away why is Triton bringing back the TR hull? JM spent 10 million on the Triton brand and getting them their own facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    If they are going away why is Triton bringing back the TR hull? JM spent 10 million on the Triton brand and getting them their own facilities?
    Right, these types of statements is why I stooped to there level and commented on the stringers, I am sad legend is gone as well, I was hoping for some improvements when WR bought them
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    Yep I was hoping to buy a new Legend after I spent 10 yrs in mine.. but honestly the only thing I would want is a newer 211R lol
    Guess I'll just try and keep mine pristine forever!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    It’s irrelevant at this point. I opt not to listen to a bunch of fan boys talking crap about something they have never owned and couldn’t afford to buy if they wanted to. The 211r was a fantastic boat. The V-20 had some issues, however, they are still one of best riding wide body boats ever made. They are absolutely the best looking boat, and the had the best fit and finish in the industry.
    Couldn't agree more! I've got friends that want to buy my 16 V20, and i just can't bring myself to sell it. There's not a single boat on the market that I think does it all better, to lay down the money for!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12