Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hey, if anyone is going to need a pedal tray, let me know... I am going to be removing the one on my boat, and replacing it with the tray filler, just waiting on Ranger to make and send.
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog21 View Post
    Hey, if anyone is going to need a pedal tray, let me know... I am going to be removing the one on my boat, and replacing it with the tray filler, just waiting on Ranger to make and send.
    I just gave one to the op, in the meantime of shipping it in a couple days. I had 4 offers to buy it. If you start your on tread to sale it. It will go in a day.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Thanks! I will do that, once I know the delivery date of the filler plate...
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

4. Member
    You did a awesome job here. I too am in the process of purchasing a newer tray with the cup/ tool holder from Ranger for my 2013 RT178. About a $100.00 bucks. Once I get it I will be installing it myself. I know its a bit larger which will require a larger cutout (top & bottom). You used a dremel, which I do have but you mentioned using a carbide tipped blade? Also I wonder if a jig saw would do. Probably not as clean as a cut like a dremel, though.

Answer when you can please.

Thanks,
    2013 Ranger RT178
    60Hp 4 Stroke
    55 lb thrust Minn Kota Edge
    Lowrance Hook 9/ Bow
    Lowrance Elite 5/ Console

5. Member
    Dont be in a rush I orded a black console plate with no gauge holes in it for my rt178 in February of this year and just received it today 10/18. yes 8 months later.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisplewis View Post
    You did a awesome job here. I too am in the process of purchasing a newer tray with the cup/ tool holder from Ranger for my 2013 RT178. About a $100.00 bucks. Once I get it I will be installing it myself. I know its a bit larger which will require a larger cutout (top & bottom). You used a dremel, which I do have but you mentioned using a carbide tipped blade? Also I wonder if a jig saw would do. Probably not as clean as a cut like a dremel, though.

Answer when you can please.

Thanks,
    If you use a jigsaw you will be limited to just how close to the front you can go because of the feet on the saw. It might not make much difference but it could move the overall placement of the tray back 1/2-3/4". I wouldn't worry if the cut is not as clean as you will be covering it up anyway or you can hit it quick with a file before installing the tray.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    Really good information and thanks. I will be orderding the tray soon. Dremel and a carbide tipped blade, here I come.
    2013 Ranger RT178
    60Hp 4 Stroke
    55 lb thrust Minn Kota Edge
    Lowrance Hook 9/ Bow
    Lowrance Elite 5/ Console

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12