Big Motor - Need Mercury Mechanic

Clanking banging bad noise ... Anyone in Lake County that can be trusted to make the old motor run smooth again? Merc 200 EFI 1999 ....
    We had a rebuild about 10 years ago ... hope we don't need all that. Otherwise I may make the run to Bedford Sales in Morris.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Might try posting this in the Mercury Motor Forum...

3. Member
    Check out DC Marine in Channohon. Danny and DJ are honest good mechanics. I don't say that about any other boat mechanics. Danny is a former mechanic at Bedford who opened his own shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 1994RANGER482 View Post
    Check out DC Marine in Channohon. Danny and DJ are honest good mechanics. I don't say that about any other boat mechanics. Danny is a former mechanic at Bedford who opened his own shop.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be delivering my wounded Ranger this week to DC Marine in Channahon. Bedford is down their best mechanic (on disability)... and your post was welcome. He will break it down and analyze what caused the breakdown .... and put it back together again. We're going with a remanufactured Mercury powerhead... from Mercury Marine (Quicksilver in this case). It has a one year warranty... all Merc parts.
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 07-25-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200