Thread: Where to go...

Where to go...

Me and the wife and one of her friends might go on the water Sunday morning to fish for the day and they can layout. Question for you guys where would you go East Lake Toho, West Lake Toho or Lake George? What's it like for the weekends with boats and people any big tournaments going on I should stay away from etc. Supposed to go deep sea fishing Sunday but in case the weather doesn't permit I want a backup plan thanks in advance guys

Go to George......fish in the morning then head to the Glen and get some sun.....
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Lol I thought of that but Im more worried about fishing lol. I have thought about scalloping too but the weekend would probably be packed

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I'd go to West lake and use Richardson's.. If there's any big tx's, they'll be going out of the big/city marina.. Just be careful, they probably have green grass and hydrilla on that lake! I know you're not used to seeing it, being from Debary, but don't let it discourage you!! Scout us some fish!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    I'd go to West lake and use Richardson's.. If there's any big tx's, they'll be going out of the big/city marina.. Just be careful, they probably have green grass and hydrilla on that lake! I know you're not used to seeing it, being from Debary, but don't let it discourage you!! Scout us some fish!!
    You do know the spray boat people and FWC monitor this site for any tips on where any grass or hydrilla is that is green and not been nuked yet ! Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    I'm trying to find good places for us to fish, and use the wife and her girlfriend for an excuse LOL. Don't worry that green stuff doesn't scare me I got a lawn business I know how to cut it

Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    You do know the spray boat people and FWC monitor this site for any tips on where any grass or hydrilla is that is green and not been nuked yet ! Right?
    Nothing to see here FWC, just a little friendly joke between friends nothing green everything is already dead Move Along

But I am seriously trying to find out if there's any tournaments or how the fishing has been, and make sure nothing else is closed down like the St John's. Didn't know if anybody knew the bite was on one of the Tohos.... heck I've even thought about putting my jon boat in and going scalloping I just need to get on the water I feel like a crackhead looking for a fix

9. Member
    You can always go night fishing on East Lake Toho, I hear the bite has been good. Your wife and girlfriend can get a good tan from the night time stars and you want have to deal with too many tournament boats. You can also keep your catch locations secret, as there will only be a few boats out on the lake and they can only hear the splash on the water as you catch fish. Life is good.

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Where you gonna find scallops?? You could take the cast net and get a mess of shrimp fairly quick, up around palatka.. As for Toho, the bite was not bad a week or so back.. Kissimme was even better. None of those chains are like the St. Johns though, they can let out excess water while the St. Johns takes it's pretty little time, meandering north.. Just get out there early, they'll bite for little while!

And yes to the FWC, nothing to see here!! No vegetation whatsoever has been spotted! Anywhere!! None!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    You can always go night fishing on East Lake Toho, I hear the bite has been good. Your wife and girlfriend can get a good tan from the night time stars and you want have to deal with too many tournament boats. You can also keep your catch locations secret, as there will only be a few boats out on the lake and they can only hear the splash on the water as you catch fish. Life is good.
    Ha you try telling two women that got a babysitter for Saturday night and Sunday because we're supposed to go out on the water that you want to go night fishing. The girls have bikinis ready and said they want sun, so if they want to lay out I don't mind watching I mean fishing

12. Banned
    Last time I was at east lake,there was a big bash going on at Chisolm park,bunch of drunk boaters,DJs,wet tshirt contest,they all seemed to stay in that area though. If you go there ,just put in at the fish camp on the N.end to stay away from the crazyness.

Fishing and wet tshirt contest....