Ulterra Trolling Motor

I am planning to purchase an Ulterra to replace my Terrova. will the Ulterra be able to mount directly to my existing MKA-47 mounting bracket and MKA top plate? Or will i need a new mounting bracket. The top plate is used to slide my trolling motor back about 6" so that the cover will fit.

Thanks, tr

2. Member
    Yes it will. That was the most universal plate minn kota made dont know why they discontinued them?

Yes. I have my Ulterra mounted the same way. I also purchased an extra MKA-47 and mounted it to my 36v Fortrex for my tin boat. Easy to switch either the Ulterra or Fortrex to either boat now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgb View Post
    Yes it will. That was the most universal plate minn kota made dont know why they discontinued them?
    For the more expensive MKA-51 (IMO), It I a little bit more secure.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    For the more expensive MKA-51 (IMO), It I a little bit more secure.
    But the bottom mounting plate ain't universal as the mka-47 plate. I was able to use that plate to cover existing holes on 2 different boats without having to worry bout drilling new holes.

6. Member
    The universal mounting is what made the MKA-47 so useful. You didn't have to swiss cheese your boat deck with more holes when you bought a different Minn Kota motor. They should replace it with another universal mount.