Echomap plus networking problems

Has anyone had problems with networking to echomap plus 93 sv units together. I have both units connected to a GMS 10 network box with the Garmin network cables . The console has the transducer plugged into it . When I power on the other unit and try to view clear view or traditional sonar it says that the transducer is not connected and to power down and try again. After trying numerous times today I gave up and left unit on . Then tried it about two hours later and it worked fine . I have a panoptix plugged in to other unit and when I power that on it shows up immediately on the console . I called Garmin this morning and was told that I probably had a bad network cable and that I should have both echomap units and the GMS 10 all grounded together- one common ground wire . I’m having a hard time believing all that. I think when I turn on the bow unit it just searching for a transducer that is not there . It seems more of a program problem. Sorry for long post I really like to know if anyone else has them networked together and experiencing similar problems . I’m just trying to avoid spending a couple hours running new network cables and re wiring the ground .
    Thanks

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Cant help much but is everything updated to the latest update?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Yes everything is updated.

4. Member
    I'm not so sure about the ground business. If you have both units wired to the same battery they have a common ground.

Here is what I would do. Take the GMS10 out of the mix. Check that the console unit will show 2d, side and down. Ok, then move the bow unit to the console. May be tough depending on how hard it is to get to the cables, but then I would test the bow unit at the console. Check for 2d, side and down. While doing this not that the software version shown on bootup is the correct one. So now if both work separately, you have a network issue. Buy, beg or borrow a couple of standard cat5 cables. They don't have the waterproof connectors but they should work for this testing. They might not work for Panoptix stuff but you are not using that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

In the other thread you have posted, I see you have the GT30/GT8 and y-cable. Have you manually selected this xducer combo on your console unit under Installation in the sonar menu? Although in theory all should be ID'd automatically, try manually selecting your transducer combo at the console and see if this may fix your ethernet and sourcing issue at the bow.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    W

7. Member
    Hi Todd, I do have the console unit selected for the Gt30/Gt8 . I also have the bow unit selected for the same transducers . I went fishing yesterday morning again and experienced the same problem . I drive out to we’re I’m going to fish with console unit on , I then go up to the bow unit turn it on and touch screen to select the sonar and that’s when I get not connected to transducer message to power down .I do leave console unit on sonar as well . Yesterday after I got that message I lowered the trolling motor in the water which has the Panoptix ps-22 on it . Turned on the Panoptix ( which I have wired with a separate on /off switch ) and the Panoptix is plugged directly into the back of the bow unit . The bow unit recognized it right away the icon appeared on the home screen,I then checked console unit and it was on the home screen and worked perfect . I left bow unit on checked regular sonar after a little while and that worked

8. Member
    Now after I’m typing this I’m thinking that with the bow unit having the Panoptix plugged directly into it and the Panoptix turned off when I turn bow unit on it only recognizes the Panoptix not powered on but plugged into it and not recognizing the Gt30/Gt8 from the network. I believe there has to be some software problem . Garmin overnighted me a new net work cable ,came yesterday while fishing.Im going to try new network cable from bow to GMS 10 see what that does ,if no better I’m going to unplug Panoptix from bow then try powering bow unit up and see if it recognizes the Gt30/Gt8 from the network . And if I have to I will switch units like LWINCHESTER 2 suggested in abov post . Thru Garmin’s advice I was told to install the Panoptix on switch to keep the transducer from over heating ,they told me when I ordere from them that they had a few overheat alread this year . I will post again tomorrow morning after fishing .
    Thanks for answering my post .
    Sent from my iPad(

9. Member
    I appreciate your help I posted some more information today .
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazusmc View Post
    Now after I’m typing this I’m thinking that with the bow unit having the Panoptix plugged directly into it and the Panoptix turned off when I turn bow unit on it only recognizes the Panoptix not powered on but plugged into it and not recognizing the Gt30/Gt8 from the network. I believe there has to be some software problem . Garmin overnighted me a new net work cable ,came yesterday while fishing.Im going to try new network cable from bow to GMS 10 see what that does ,if no better I’m going to unplug Panoptix from bow then try powering bow unit up and see if it recognizes the Gt30/Gt8 from the network . And if I have to I will switch units like LWINCHESTER 2 suggested in abov post . Thru Garmin’s advice I was told to install the Panoptix on switch to keep the transducer from over heating ,they told me when I ordere from them that they had a few overheat alread this year . I will post again tomorrow morning after fishing .
    Thanks for answering my post .
    Sent from my iPad(
    Yes, provide an update once you try all you mention.
    Garmin Pro Team