Sure way to save your gas while towing

Just have the tow company haul you home 250+km. My CAA paid off finally, tow would have been in upwards of $800 CAnadian, my RV premium paid the whole shot, boat back in the driveway, and my dodge nitro to the dealership. Turned out to be the transfer case, not the transmission. Saw smoke pulling onto the highway and thought, that don’t look right. After the fluid dump onto the exhaust stopped so did the smoke, drove another 15km to the next exit and found a carpool lot. I figured it wasn’t the transmission when the truck didn’t go into limp mode. I had to options drive and cook the transfer case and do without 4x4 or get the tow. Dealership put the transfer case back together under $400 so not too bad.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob McKenzie; 07-18-2018 at 02:10 PM.

2. Member
    It pays to have good towing insurance. I had a blowout on my boat trailer a short time back and found out my auto insurance company would not come and fix the flat on my boat trailer. My jack handle broke so thats why I could not change the tire on the trailer. So i called back and told the insurance company to come and tow my truck/trailer combination because I was told by the Florida State Police not to abandon my boat & trailer on the shoulder of the road. The insurance company then sent out a flatbed big enough to get both the truck and boat/trailer. When the flatbed got there, I paid the tow truck driver $40 to change the boat trailer flat. I then signed the towing receipt that he towed my truck/trailer which was a hell a lot more than changing a flat. I now have insurance that will come out and tow either the tow vehicle or boat / trailer or both together.

I had a spring break on my trailer that tore up the fender and axle and stranded me on the side of the road. I thought my roadside assistance would pay for the tow but after calling my insurance agent discovered that it only covered the truck. I had insurance on the boat with the same company and it paid for replacing the trailer, but I had to pay for the tow.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching