Upgrading TM Circuit Breakers

I am getting ready to install a 36v Ultrex on my Nitro Z21 and want to upgrade to 60 amp breakers. The boat has a 36v system. The trolling motor wires go into a bus bar. The three batteries are then individually connected to the bus bar. Each battery has a 50 amp breaker between it and the bus bar. Do I upgrade all three breakers to 60 amp? If so, do all three breakers have to be rated for 36v? Thanks.

2. Member
    ttt

3. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    The three 12 volt batteries have to be configured to be in series to make 36 volts and only one breaker positioned in the +36 volt positive lead going to the trolling motor is needed. It should be within inches of the + battery terminal.

Not sure how you could actually have a 2 row +/- bus bar with your three batteries connected, as that would make them parallel configured and only provide 12 volts max. .

4. Member
    Not familiar with your bus bar setup.

Google 36v battery diagram

The first image is what your looking for.
    The batteries are typically directly connected to each other.
    A single 60amp breaker is placed on the positive 36v line as close to the battery as possible.
    Recommend Hi-Amp style breaker with reset switch. Like this one https://www.amazon.com/MinnKota-MKR-.../dp/B001PTHKSK