2018 zx225 12 inch hydraulic jack plate 25 t2 prop - top speed give or take???

Realstic numbers - one person half a tank - and tournament loaded full livewells - what to expect

2. Wren
    72-74 is realistic

3. Member
    perfect:) I'm still doing break in - I've only gotten her up to around 65

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    72-74 is realistic
    Wren, what number are you running your jackplate on?

5. Member
    1 person half a tank, 75 full tx load full wells 2 people 70.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    1 person half a tank, 75 full tx load full wells 2 people 70.
    Perfect:) that is what I was hoping for! I've read posts where some say 65mph some say 69mph some say low 70's - I suppose the low end top speeds are guys that don't have a hydraulic jack plate and just don't have there engine set up right if it is on a manual jack plate to high or to low etc

7. Wren
    Best speeds for me are 3.25 on tape, on the gauge but that should be 9 or 10.

8. Member
    thanks, brother!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leolionalec View Post
    Perfect:) that is what I was hoping for! I've read posts where some say 65mph some say 69mph some say low 70's - I suppose the low end top speeds are guys that don't have a hydraulic jack plate and just don't have there engine set up right if it is on a manual jack plate to high or to low etc
    Hydro plates dont make you faster, just easier to set up. Also, not every rig is the exact same. 73 is right on solo and anything above that is excelent. 68 for full tourney.

Realstic numbers - one person half a tank - and tournament loaded full livewells - what to expect
    It mostly depends on how much weight you carry. Realistically, you can expect to run 75mph solo, and 70mph tournament loaded.

I can run 75+ solo, and 70 T-loaded with a partner. I don't use Yamaha props though. The T-1 might be a little faster.

With the original 25p T-1, I couldn't run WOT solo, because it would go way over 6000 rpms. I would normally stop at at 6000 rpms, and about 73-74 mph. I accidentally ran it up to 6200 rpms and 75.3mph once. The computer recorded it too. With a T-load, I got up to 69mph, but still had a little left.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Hydro plates dont make you faster, just easier to set up.
    I might argue against that. You would have to be a really good driver without the hydro plate. Without the hydro plate, I wouldn't be able to drive this boat over 73mph. It was absolutely out of control with the T-1 until I lifted the motor. Then again, I might not be a "good driver". That's mostly why I run a Tempest now.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    I might argue against that. You would have to be a really good driver without the hydro plate. Without the hydro plate, I wouldn't be able to drive this boat over 73mph. It was absolutely out of control with the T-1 until I lifted the motor. Then again, I might not be a "good driver". That's mostly why I run a Tempest now.
    Its all in the prop. Im running s 25t1 now that has been worked, and it runs just like a tempest. None of that tight steering, no chine walk, fast, and very smooth ride.

13. Member
    I got mine up to 73mph GPS today I was at 6000 rpms on the dot. I have a 25 t2 prop. I prob could've raised the jack plate or lower it some think I was on 7 or 8 on digital gage

14. Member
    I still learning how to drive her she did start to get a lil squirmy at 72

15. Member
    I got mine up to 73mph GPS today I was at 6000 rpms on the dot. I have a 25 t2 prop. I prob could've raised the jack plate or lower it some think I was on 7 or 8 on digital gage
    Thats right on for the most part. You do have a bit of slip that some cup will cure. It will also drop your rpms a touch, because from above, you be eating the rev limiter when it cools down.