2001 Javelin Venom 18

Recently got a “new to me” 2001 Javelin Venom 18 with Johnson 150. Looking for some help with set-up as well as specs about the boat.
    1. Boat has a 23 4-blade with a whale tail installed. Anyone else have any experience with similar set-up?

2. Any information in regards to fuel tank size, and other basic specifications.

The gentleman that used it before me only sparingly fished, and I do a lot of tournament fishing, so I am sure the set-up can be tweaked

Thanks for the help.

http://web.archive.org/web/200...ID=79

Mine also has a 30 gal tank.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. Member
    I have that exact boat run a 24 renegade no plate it’s a little pocket rocket! It will walk at top end you have to stay on the wheel but great boat

If you have a jack plate a prop to pad of 3.5" or 3.25" and a 24 Raker should make that combo scream. I am very surprised it has a foil with a 23 four blade. Most combos like yours that have a 23 four blade are running a 23 Renegade Bass. If that is the case then out of curiosity does it have a weed ring. Some call it a cavation ring and some call it a blow out ring. The reason I ask is if it is blowing out on holeshot you have to run the ring and maybe the previous owner did not know this and put a foil on it to compensate for blow out. That boat/motor combo should jump right out of the hole us-less its loaded super heavy and/or has two shallow water anchors. If you do not know if it has the ring you can easily tell by looking at where the barrel of the prop meets the geargase. If there is a very noticeable gap it does not have the ring. If the gap is small it has the ring and you should see it sitting inside the gearcase if you remove the prop. If the prop is indeed a 23 Renegade it is a good prop for a load and handles well. A 24 three blade Raker would be 2-3 mph faster with better bow lift but a little harder to drive on top end.

Your location says KY...if your close to south central KY and want to stop by Green River Lake I have 3 Raker props. I have a 24 Raker and two 24 Raker II's. You can take my 24 Raker for a test spin if you want. I might even sell it if your interested but I had rather you try before you buy.
    Last edited by JR19; 07-18-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popieneil View Post
    I have that exact boat run a 24 renegade no plate it’s a little pocket rocket! It will walk at top end you have to stay on the wheel but great boat
    Four blade Renegade props come in odd number pitch. (23,25,27) if yours is indeed a 24 it has been re-pitched. Raker are three blade and they come in even numbers (22,24,26,28) Raker II are also even numbers but they do make one that is an odd number and it is a a 25 Raker II.
    Last edited by JR19; 07-18-2018 at 07:49 PM.

6. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. It has good hole shot with virtually no bow lift, just kinda lunges in plane which is good with me. It also has no jack plate which I find odd. I plan on getting a 6” jack plate soon, and losing the whale tail. I’m not looking for ridiculous speed but a good mix. Thanks again.