Repower Questions for new 4 stroke

Question for anybody that’s re-powered from a 225 proxs 2 stroke to the new 225 four stroke proxs. My dealer told me that they weren’t sure that my Seastar steering would work with the new four stroke. From what I’ve read it’s directly compatible. Also she was not sure about the extension needed for the wiring harness. Appreciate any info that can be provided.

I’m sure Don can answer but I have to say if the dealer I was talking to about the repower doesn’t know what is require I’d look elsewhere. Is she just a salesperson that you wouldn’t expect to know this?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Directly compatible 100%. Rigged a few of em already. Pull out your harness & see if you can get an extra 4' or so. All of the boats I've rigged, I've been able to get enough harness out of the boat to reach without the extension. You may need it, may not.

The only new 4 stroke that the seastar unit won't work with is the Verado.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Forum Announcements and provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

You will very likely need a 5' keyswitch harness extension (21xTriton05 has rigged a few, not all of those were bassboat installations, though).

The same SeaStar unit can be used, PROVIDED that it is in good/serviceable condition (no leaks, tiller bolt and bushings good, and tiller plate end bushings have no more than .020" gap).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I would post numbers but I am motorless. Sold mine and the new one is delayed.

ETA?

7. Member
    First was told first of August now bumped to end of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    First was told first of August now bumped to end of September.
    I know the feeling... I was supposed to have mine may 19th. I've been told it's shipping tomorrow