04 zx250 handrail

So the little rubber bushings are all dry rotted, cracking and falling out. What did you guys use as a replacement? I was also considering just removing them all together but not sure what I would with the holes in the boat, any ideas?

2. Member
    Im having the same problem with 04 zx225. I talked with a fiberglass guy and said he can cut them out and fill in holes. Just haven't got it to him yet. Holes should be about a 50cent piece size when cut out. Said he wasn't a bad job.

3. Member
    I took mine off and plugged them with these. I have a white top cap. Looks fairly clean.

https://www.amazon.com/WIDGETCO-Whit...rds=hole+plugs

(NOTE: These are not necessarily the size i used. Just an example.)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    I took mine off and plugged them with these. I have a white top cap. Looks fairly clean.

https://www.amazon.com/WIDGETCO-Whit...rds=hole+plugs

(NOTE: These are not necessarily the size i used. Just an example.)
    Nice.
    Question, how did you access the port side handle. Was lookig over it and not sure how to remove the side plate where the grab handle is for the passanger.

5. Member
    There is a carpeted section to the left of the passenger seat where the passengers rods lay. That board is held in by a few screws. Under it is a hole maybe 5" in diameter. I was able to reach through that hole, barely, and reach the rear nut with a wrench.

As a matter of fact, it was the driver side rear nut that I couldn't ever get to. I just cut the damn thing off with a saw.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    There is a carpeted section to the left of the passenger seat where the passengers rods lay. That board is held in by a few screws. Under it is a hole maybe 5" in diameter. I was able to reach through that hole, barely, and reach the rear nut with a wrench.

As a matter of fact, it was the driver side rear nut that I couldn't ever get to. I just cut the damn thing off with a saw.
    LOL
    Thanks

7. Member
    I just replaced the port side on my ZX250. Went to Lowes and picked up 2 - 1.5 in with .25 center black rubber washers. I tool out the covered console where the live well drain controls are located, removed the drivers seat. This allowed me to get to the aft nut on the rail. It takes a small ratchet and deep well socket. I think it was
    a 7/16 " socket. To get to front nut I went up under where the wires come from the back of the boat. I have replaced both sides over the last 2 years.
    Not easy and you may have a few undesirable words uttered before you are done.
    If you have specific questions contacted me via email Beaglenut79@gmail.com.

Good luck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglenut79 View Post
    I just replaced the port side on my ZX250. Went to Lowes and picked up 2 - 1.5 in with .25 center black rubber washers. I tool out the covered console where the live well drain controls are located, removed the drivers seat. This allowed me to get to the aft nut on the rail. It takes a small ratchet and deep well socket. I think it was
    a 7/16 " socket. To get to front nut I went up under where the wires come from the back of the boat. I have replaced both sides over the last 2 years.
    Not easy and you may have a few undesirable words uttered before you are done.
    If you have specific questions contacted me via email Beaglenut79@gmail.com.

Good luck
    thanks for the info