Borrow or rent a boat near Tenkiller Lake

Anyone have a tournament ready boat we could borrow or rent for thurs-fri or sat this week. Boy is fishing Bassmaster College Championship on Tenkiller and lost the outboard. Thanks.

2. Member
    Get ahold of Christie lol he lives right there

3. Member
    Just now seen this. Did he find a rig?

He did not find one, he's fishing day 2 now and hasn't given up, just limited to where he can go...still no excuse and he knows that and he knows he still has a chance. We've never borrowed a boat before we usually play the cards we're dealt but the 30 hour travel from Maine to the Nationals and have this happen was a bummer to say the least. I wanted to try everything I could to get him going again, especially when he had located solid fish on his first practice day. Unfortunate those fish are way out of reach with what he has left in the outboard now. He's a great kid, came down to fish alone after his partner couldn't make it and he hasn't stopped grinding it out in this heat. I want to thank Jimmy Houston Marine and Steve, the mechanic that looked at it for us in such short notice. Also thank all those college teams, and friends, and locals he met that reached out to us down here, there are some real good folks here. Also thank those that supported the teams fundraiser to make it here, your generosity is greatly appreciated. All in all it'll be a costly trip for us to get the boat back on the water when we get home but he's having a good time doing something he always wanted to do, represent his school, friends, and his State, and compete in the Carhartt Bassmaster College Series National Championship.

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mainebassn View Post
    He did not find one, he's fishing day 2 now and hasn't given up, just limited to where he can go...still no excuse and he knows that and he knows he still has a chance. We've never borrowed a boat before we usually play the cards we're dealt but the 30 hour travel from Maine to the Nationals and have this happen was a bummer to say the least. I wanted to try everything I could to get him going again, especially when he had located solid fish on his first practice day. Unfortunate those fish are way out of reach with what he has left in the outboard now. He's a great kid, came down to fish alone after his partner couldn't make it and he hasn't stopped grinding it out in this heat. I want to thank Jimmy Houston Marine and Steve, the mechanic that looked at it for us in such short notice. Also thank all those college teams, and friends, and locals he met that reached out to us down here, there are some real good folks here. Also thank those that supported the teams fundraiser to make it here, your generosity is greatly appreciated. All in all it'll be a costly trip for us to get the boat back on the water when we get home but he's having a good time doing something he always wanted to do, represent his school, friends, and his State, and compete in the Carhartt Bassmaster College Series National Championship.
    Thats awesome! Sorry to hear about the boat though!

6. Member
    man I'm sorry I didn't see this. I would have been happy to loan out. I saw one kid fishing solo on bassmaster page, wondering if it was him now

7. Member
    exactly there are numerous locals that would've loaned him one in a heartbeat. Myself included. Word just didn't get to the right people fast enough.

No problem guys appreciate the kindness you've shown. The photo below is Day 1 deep in thought before morning take off. If you want to see his Day 1 weigh in here is the link https://www.facebook.com/15777209125...1318831845870/

Man he got to do something alot of us only dream of..