Slidemaster bolts?

I have a slidemaster jack plate. Also have power poles. Question I have is there lock nuts on the inside of the plate where the bolts come out of the black plate. The inside plate is threaded but I had lock nuts(cap nuts) on the inside. Problem is the bolt is not long enough for the cap nut to lock on and they come loose. Do Yall have longer bolts, stubby cap nuts or no nuts on the bolt? Does not seem to need lock nuts on the inside, just wondering if there is a reason they are there?
    Last edited by jcdogfish; 07-18-2018 at 09:37 AM.

2. Bobby8

I can’t answer all of your question but if I remember right when I put a Talon on my last Basscat that I sold, I got hold of the jack plate manufacturer and I was able to order longer bolts.

3. Member
    you dont use either of the plates. the mounts come with bolts that reach
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    That makes sense as I just found the installation manual, it does say to use the inside plate and nut. If you use the inside plate the bolt is too short. That's why the nuts come loose. The bolts are never loose as they are in the threaded inside plate. Is there a newer or updated installation manual showing not to use the plate or is there a longer bolt available? These came installed, just want to do it "by the book" because of the critical area they support. I check them every few trips and never had a loose bolt.