Thank you Garmin

After all my beating Garmin over the head about their screenshot function, they have improved it and I need to give them "partial credit" for that improvement. It only takes about 3 seconds of holding the Home key to get a screenshot now. Thank you Garmin. It still does the on-screen notification that the screenshot is done and requires your touch for acknowledgment or wait it out for the notification to disappear. I'd prefer a notification less intrusive or it could whistle, chirp, or buzz or just show a 2-3 second emoji and leave the screen alone. An emoji of a tiny scren with a check mark. That would do it. Anyway. Garmin - I do appreciate the improvement.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Member
    Is this change an update for all units?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Is this change an update for all units?
    I think it is all the gpsmap units. The echomaps were already good.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    The echomaps were already good.
    If the current system of taking screenshots on my 93sv chirp is considered good, I can't imagine how bad it was before on other units.LOL

Light years behind in taking screen shots and also displaying them on my old HB 998 units.

Thanks

5. Member
    Yep. I've been completely unsuccessful on trying to sell them on the value and usefulness of a way to do a easy and convenient one-touch instant screenshot.

6. Member
    Yep. I've been completely unsuccessful on trying to sell them on the value and usefulness of a way to do a easy and convenient one-touch instant screenshot

Still don't understand how they can let such a great opportunity slip by.

That opportunity being a bunch of FREE advertising by guys posting/sharing screenshots.

The few times that I did Garmin unit/MFD/map updates, they were flawless compared to some other manufactures, so I know the have some great programmers/engineers on staff.

The ability to take a screenshot, tag it to a waypoint, store it and view later it on the MFD is one of the reasons that keeps a few HB units on my boat.

Oh well.

Thanks for trying.

7. Banned
    never had a problem taking screen shots. ive got hundreds of them. my solix requires you to hold the key for 3 seconds and also gives a confirmation message

8. Member
    How do you take a screenshot on an EchoMAP Plus unit?

9. Member
    Press and hold HOME 3 seconds or until you see the screen blink

10. Member
    Awesome. Thank you.

11. Banned
    First you go in the menu and have to turn screenshots on.