Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Please not those ugly original 797 consoles
    I didn't think they were that bad? Jmo

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Do you know if they were building the 198’s then too? Might be something I’d start trying to find if so.

Or was that when they started calling them 202’s, (when they went to Stratos)?
    In 2013 the only Elites made were the 210 and 202... Dan

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Grout, although the 202s were also 19'8", they were not the same as the 198. Slight hull diff and big topcap diff. The 198s ended the year PR bought out the Genmar bankruptcy and moved production to Flippin.

4. Banned
    Is Charger going to splash anymore boats? Just curious

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Grout, although the 202s were also 19'8", they were not the same as the 198. Slight hull diff and big topcap diff. The 198s ended the year PR bought out the Genmar bankruptcy and moved production to Flippin.

Thanks for the clarification! There’s a guy locally who has a 202 that I’ve talked to and he talks down the ride of his rig. I have never seen it in person; just pictures, so that makes sense if it’s a bit different than our rigs.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Is Charger going to splash anymore boats? Just curious

Rumor is a V20, due out in 2 weeks...The 223 Champ is due out 2 weeks after that...

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Rumor is a V20, due out in 2 weeks...The 223 Champ is due out 2 weeks after that...
    Gotta keep robert m from taking all those coffee breaks... Dan

8. Banned
    Guess it really doesn't matter to me I'm going to buy a original Charger hull anyway.

9. Banned
    Guess it really doesn't matter to me I'm going to buy a original Charger hull anyway.

Oh you haven’t heard??? They only splash other models now!

10. Banned
    Beginning to wonder if that isn't the way their heading. Hell by the time I buy a new one they might be able to splash me one of any brand I want

Any more Champion hulls and they might as well contact JM and see about getting the Champion name

^ It's been done and not for sale. JM aint no dummy.

12. Banned
    Beginning to wonder if that isn't the way their heading. Hell by the time I buy a new one they might be able to splash me one of any brand I want

Any more Champion hulls and they might as well contact JM and see about getting the Champion name

Maybe they’ll splash a Charger for you.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    ^ It's been done and not for sale. JM aint no dummy.
    Looks to be dead

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfi...802:ndwuey.2.2

14. Member
    Nothing wrong with charger splashing other models, I love the idea.. all these manufactures who went out of buisness had 1 or 2 great hulls that had a following but it was the rest of their lineup that broke them.. why not buy the molds and rights and keep producing em with a diffrent name and save money on R&D and marketing.. these hulls already have a following.. I’m all for charger building champions, build the stratos 201 (the mid 2000’s 201, not the crap evo ), while your at it build v20, v21.. build older triton hp.. plenty of discontinued hulls out there with a following that would sell boats. Why not fill the demand left by the manufacturer going out of buisness or discontinued hulls.. I don’t own a charger but have seen quite a few of the new ones and I am impressed..

15. Banned
    One, two, maybe three splashes for the elite line after that your saying your own line of boats is subpar.

16. Member
    One, two, maybe three splashes for the elite line after that your saying your own line of boats is subpar.
    already saying it to some degree. spending a lot of time and money splashing the 210 and 198, and the charger loyalist just want an updated topcap on the original chargers

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    already saying it to some degree. spending a lot of time and money splashing the 210 and 198, and the charger loyalist just want an updated topcap on the original chargers
    What this guy said!

18. Banned
    Just opinion but I don't completely understand splashing the 198. Already had the 210 a big boat personally I would have splashed a smaller boat somewhere in the 17ft. range. Gotta remember a lot of guys don't want a big boat and most can't afford them.

The original V hull Chargers are a splash of a 86 inch beam Champion. Not the first time they've done it. Smart move on their part. Champion splashed a Skeeter Wrangler and Skeeter splashed a Hydrostream to get the Skeeter Wrangler. Nothing new.

20. Member
    I dont see much market for a 17ft boat these days and see few on the water . An 18f is minimum with most mfg. and not many of them being sold either. Seems 19 is the smallest that sells decent. I would buy a used 20ft before I would buy a new 17to 19ft model new.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast