Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Splashing the V20

Not now because Charger has their hands full with the 198. But at some point if they slashed the V20 it would give them a wide body boat in between the 198 and 210 at 20 foot 4 inches that rides good. In fact the widest on the market in the 20’4 range. And they would have a good built in market from the former Legend buyers since Legend is being discontinued. Just makes good business sense imo. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-18-2018 at 06:29 AM.

2. Member
    The legend name is discontinued, I dont think the boat will be

3. Member
    I always liked the looks of the Legend boats and some of their unique features. Hate to see them shutting down.

198 is better hull than the V20.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    198 is better hull than the V20.
    The Legend 199 would be competing with the 198 not the V20. And they don’t make a 199 anymore. The V20 is in the 20 foot plus range category and rated for a 300 or so more on the lines of a much wider 496.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-18-2018 at 07:41 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The legend name is discontinued, I dont think the boat will be
    At this point we don’t know but we will know something within a year i’m sure.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I always liked the looks of the Legend boats and some of their unique features. Hate to see them shutting down.
    Same here.

8. Banned
    Some companies take pride in developing their own product line... You can only copy so much before you lose you identity and credibility... Dan

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Some companies take pride in developing their own product line... You can only copy so much before you lose you identity and credibility... Dan
    Good point Dan. Some may say that already happened!

well said

11. Member
    With Legend selling 200 to 300 bass boats a year most around the 70k range and a good bit of those being V20’s I don’t think you would loose credibility on this one. And it would be a good ROI imo.

12. Banned
    So you'd have the Charger 210 Elite, Charger 198 Elite and the Charger V20... Name another boat manufacture that builds and give credit to not one, but 2 former competitor???... I personally think Charger is close to crossing line with the addition of the 198... Either your product is or isn't... Kelly must be one helluva salesman... Hell, fire the whole R&D department and just splash until you're hearts content... Again Charger make a fantastic boat, why water down your core line even more???... Charger's new corporate slogan... We'll splash for your cash... Kinda catchy ain't it???... Dan
    Last edited by Dan21XRS; 07-18-2018 at 08:45 PM.

13. Member
    Have to take the emotion of the equation and look at sales potential which would be much more than 25 or less non Elite boats a year. Just think it would be a good idea if the V20 is not rebranded.

14. Banned
    If Charger is going to splash another make it a Swift. Add a light go fast to the line up. The Cobra, Hawk, Legend hull has been around a long time someone will be making another version of it soon.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    If Charger is going to splash another make it a Swift. Add a light go fast to the line up. The Cobra, Hawk, Legend hull has been around a long time someone will be making another version of it soon.
    Interesting point. I do think some will bring up the Legend type again and do very well with it.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Interesting point. I do think some will bring up the Legend type again and do very well with it.

The new legend hull is not the old hawk hull, it was changed awhile back and I think someone would be a fool to attempt splashing a hull on a boat that is just recently killed off. We don’t even know if the V20 hull is gonna pop up under a Nitro or Triton yet.

Charger needs to figure out how to make more of the models they are building now for inventory purposes.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I think someone would be a fool to attempt splashing a hull on a boat that is just recently killed off. .
    You mean like the 210 and 198. Lol. Just messing with you. As I stated earlier not talking about doing it tomorrow but after it has been decided whether or not to rebrand it which that decision will probably be a year away imo.

18. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If you want a big wide deck, get a 797

19. Member
    Wide body in the 20’4 range not over 20 feet. Plus nobody is buying the 797 here other than about a handful of Charger fans but people as people would buy the V20 imo. In fact people would sell more V21’s than the 797 if the splashed it. Not saying they should. Just looking at the numbers of a boat that has a pretty good buying following like the V20. Again just looking at the actual buying numbers.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-19-2018 at 07:10 AM.

20. Banned
    If the V20 had a "following" Legend wouldn't have sold out WRMG. Apparently Mr. Qualls' saw the writing was on the wall... Dan

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast