Thread: Tawas area

Tawas area

Have any of you guys spent any amount of time in the tawas Bay or maybe Tawas lake or any other areas around there? I'm going to be working up there next week and wanted to bring the boat and do a little fishing I know Tawas Bay has some nice weedbeds and some nice pike but I just wondered if you guys had any info on the area? I have duck hunted Tawas Lake and it seemed like it was a really shallow weedy Lake. I would really like to go out into the big lake and find some small mouth is what I would really want to do. Any info is appreciated

Theres a man made reef on the north west corner of the bay i think it was, ive caught a couple off it, and heard they can be caught out on the point leading into the big lake, but its mostly sand, so not real sure. Spawn time they pile up in front of the main road in town, but maybe can find a few straglers there too.

3. Member
    Thanks Jason. If I get a nice night after work I'm running to the charities.

No problem man, id be hoping for a nice afternoon run to the islands too

5. Member
    When you own a champion .......it dont matter....

No fish up there, move along.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    No fish up there, move along.
    Ok.... thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Ok.... thanks
    Don't worry dreams I only need 50 or 60 of them for my freezer

Just messing with you. I could care less. Lots of fish out there to go around. I was hoping you would share where you found the mother load at last fall.

10. Member
    That was Largemouth on the Saginaw Bay fishing gets really good out there right around duck season but you piss off a duck Hunters

11. Member
    Well.... couldn't get on the smallies too good but whacked a dozen or so largemouth on frogs after work. Nice area... just have a hard time running all the was to the charities from here by myself. Nice to have another experienced angler, just in case ya know. Shit happens quick out there. Overall good trip... vacation next week in Frankfort.

I have only been out there a half dozen times. Each time those smallies have set in different areas. Fun to chase them but it does consume a lot of time.