Joe4d

Hull blister preventive bunk add on.

Seems I am reading hull blistering issues tend to be caused by boats sitting on wet trailer bunks, Like folks who live really close to a ramp.
    Any cons to going to something like this on a new boat or trailer ? Seem to be pretty simple to install and not very expensive .

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tie-...iler-glide-ons

You'll hear mixed reviews. The biggest gripe I've heard is sand, dirt, and debris getting on them and acting like sand paper against the hull

3. Joe4d
    Wouldnt the same sand dirt and debris get in carpet and do the same thing ? Plus be harder to rinse off when you back in to load ?

With carpet the debris gets down in the carpet away from the hull. With the others it's a hard solid surface for that debris to sit on top of.

5. Scraps
    I need to take a look at my hull. I have gatorbaks and do see some dust on the bunks. I'm hoping it's the bunks and not the gelcoat.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    With carpet the debris gets down in the carpet away from the hull. With the others it's a hard solid surface for that debris to sit on top of.
    Depends on the region of the country your in - plenty of sand and dust blowing around in the desert lakes regions of NM, UT, NV and AZ and coat the carpet pretty good just sitting in the boat ramp parking areas. I will be switching to gator backs soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    Depends on the region of the country your in - plenty of sand and dust blowing around in the desert lakes regions of NM, UT, NV and AZ and coat the carpet pretty good just sitting in the boat ramp parking areas. I will be switching to gator backs soon enough.
    Everyone has to do what they think is best for them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Seems I am reading hull blistering issues tend to be caused by boats sitting on wet trailer bunks, Like folks who live really close to a ramp.
    Any cons to going to something like this on a new boat or trailer ? Seem to be pretty simple to install and not very expensive .

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tie-...iler-glide-ons
    if you decide to purchase them , you best not unhook your boat until you get it to water !!! seen a guy set a BRAND NEW LUND right smack in the middle of the boat ramp one morning backing down the ramp and he had them on his trailer bunks !!!!
    Last edited by strmwalker; 07-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    personally I dont care for the screws in the top that could eventually back out.

I sell Gatorbaks, let me know if you are interested in a price quote or more information.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com