Changing from Mercury to another brand

If I wanted to change out a Mercury motor example an XB other than going back with a Mercury and using the gauges and so forth what brand(s) would be the least cost and less hassle to use existing Mercury controls and such? What brands can use Mercury controls? Your thoughts please?

Mariner
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Mercury controls = Mercury motors

4. Member
    No it is a complete redo on your controls. Mercury and Mariner only goes with mercury and mariner.

5. Member
    So it would be a costly ordeal to change out the Mercury controls and move to another brand? Can some one give me a fairly accurate parts cost? Also Labor costs? For any brand even the imports? Thx

Tx.

6. Member
    Total install and parts for a 250hp g2 is $7400. I would ship the motor to them and they would mount and complete. Parts and labor. I just looked into it. I currently have a merc.

7. Member
    Tom,
    $7400 plus the price for the G2? If that's the case that would be a deal killer for me.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Tom,
    $7400 plus the price for the G2? If that's the case that would be a deal killer for me.
    yeah I was shocked by that number. This is a good dealer to work with too so they are not out of line. i had a guy selling a brand new g2 for $14,000 plus shipping. So it would have cost $15,000 which is a great deal for a G2 but $7400 for all the parts and labor would be almost $23,000. I paid $27,000 for my boat and motor. That G2 is an amazing motor though.

9. Member
    I wonder what they are changing out in parts for that cost and how many hours at $100 an hour for the labor? That sounds either fishy or greedy. Wow, Idk

10. Member
    This is California. I heard of a $6600 quote in another state. But the parts are really expensive.

11. Member
    Thanks Tom

12. Banned
    Kent, Boerne marine told me about $2k for gauges and controls with labor to swap to a yami from my merc. Did you ever talk to The Boat Shop in San Antonio?

13. Member
    Mike, 2k is more believable and probably a fair price. I haven't contacted the boat shop yet.

I paid about 18k for motor swap, controls and all from a Mercury 250xs to a Suzuki 250SS. That was out of the door.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X